Organization: OXFAM India
Apply By: 25 Jun 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the organization
Oxfam is a confederation of 20 independent charitable organizations focusing on the alleviation of global poverty, founded in 1942 and led by Oxfam International. It is a major nonprofit group with an extensive collection of operations. Oxfam's programmes address the structural causes of poverty and related injustice and work primarily through local accountable organizations, seeking to enhance their effectiveness
Scope of Position
To assist in providing and maintaining efficient & effective financial services at Oxfam. Responsible for implementation of defined areas of work within the finance function. To ensure that Oxfam India has effective approaches to financial management and control, ensure consistent & robust financial systems and generation of timely & accurate information to support the business of the organisation.
- Responsible for Oxfam India budgeting under the guidance of the Manager Finance and in collaboration with colleagues from various units. Also for department wise distribution of the budget.
- Liaisoning with Auditors on Internal Financial Control “IFC”, conduct meetings with relevant process owners. Review Risk Control Matrix prepared by internal auditors and suggest changes. Also, work on testing of operating effectiveness of IFC and remediation of gaps identified.
- Liaisoning with Statutory Auditors for audit queries and finalising the Financial Statements.
- Responsible for all statutory compliances including FCRA, RoC, Income Tax, Gratuity etc.
- Responsible for all Tally related issues in coordination with the vendor.
- Responsible for proper and timely month end closing for all offices.
- Prepare and meticulously review Income schedule on monthly basis.
- Preparation of periodic MIS on budget utilization and variance analysis.
- Forecasting of income and expenditure on regular intervals and as per need.
- Annual Consolidation of Financial figures according to Oxfam International guidelines.
- Meeting any other reporting requirements from various departments/management and other initiatives of global shared services.
- Grant Management including preparation of donor budgets (for proposals), donor reports, and coordinating project audits etc.
- Generating budget codes for various projects in accordance with donor reporting framework.
- Supervision and reporting of all India partner monitoring visits including visits for assessing compliance with internal guidelines.
- Track income from various sources including follow up with Oxfam Affiliates and other donors for instalment disbursal.
- Preparing quarterly presentations for Finance and Audit committee and Board.
- Review of quarterly, annual financials including annual financial highlights for the annual report.
- Capacity building of team members and their performance evaluation.
- Any other tasks assigned from time to time
Skill and Competence
- Graduate in commerce from any recognized university.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience with similar non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of computerized accounting systems and usage.
- Ability to work and deliver under strict deadlines.
- Individual contributor as well as team player.
- Ability to work with cross-functional departments especially fund raising teams for donor proposals and donor reporting.
- Good communicator, who can put forth her/his, views in a polite manner with an ability to bring consensus.
- Skilled in Spreadsheet, Power point presentations.
- During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India
- The candidate should be willing to travel within the region/country extensively and be deployed for extended periods in humanitarian response programmes in the field.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd