Gender Trainer, Barefoot Education
Organization: Barefoot College
Apply By: 19 Jan 2020
Location: Dibrugarh(Assam) Guwahati(Assam)
JOB PROFILE: Gender Trainer, Barefoot Education
JOB CODE: BC_13_GT
The Gender project will target adolescents in Assam tea estates to educate them
about normative behaviours, gender binaries and stereotypes through a reflective
and interactive curriculum.
To plan and implement work in accordance with the programme activity plan. Ensure
the outcomes of programme are well collected based on logical frame work.
The Gender Trainer should have a good understanding of Assam’s context. As part
of the role, the person will be responsible for conducting gender sessions with
adolescents and community members. Also, coordinating and implementing training
with co- teachers in the project locations will be part of his/her role.
The role requires the person to have high level of awareness and sensitivity around
gender issues. The person needs to ensure the deliverables are achieved and
reporting is done of the same to the Assistant Manager.
The role therefore shall require the person to have proven strong qualities as an
effective trainer, strength in planning and coordination. It is important that the
individual displays a learning attitude so as to align to Barefoot’s strategic direction
• Plan and Conduct trainings for trainers in Assam;
• Conduct gender sessions with adolescents and adults;
• Have good understanding of Assam’s context;
• Day- to- day monitoring and documenting the reports;
• Provide feedback to trainers based on individual observation and
beneficiaries’ performance data;
• Reporting to the Assistant Manager;
• Role can be expanded according to the need or situation.
• Bilingual (English and Hindi) with expert level verbal and written
communication skills;especially English;
• Good understanding of Assamese language and culture;
• Excellent training skills with high attention to detail;
• Demonstrates ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines
in a fast paced environment
• Basic knowledge of MS Office and of office productivity technological tools;
• Detail-oriented and efficient;
• Ability to work with diversity, and multi-disciplinary teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 0-1 year of experience of teaching (children or adult);
• Experience of working on gender issues;
• Experience and/ or capacity as a trainer/ facilitator;
• Minimum Graduate in any discipline or equivalent;
• Degree in relevant field such as gender studies, social studies or social
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point);
• ONLY women candidates will be considered for this position as it involves sensitive
training for women of rural locations
15000 per month + Travel allowance
Qualified candidates should send their Résumés to
email@example.com, along with a cover letter highlighting your
suitability for the position. Please do mention the job code in the subject line of your
application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be
considered. Given the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to
respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
The Barefoot College
District Ajmer, Rajasthan, India
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd