Global Communications Manager
Apply By: 30 May 2019
Location: Hyderabad(Telangana) (Kerala)
About the organization:
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Their online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action.
The role of the Global Communications Manager is to lead on the development and implementation of 350.org's global communications strategies and to help oversee a team of regional and global communications experts. As Global Communications Manager, you would develop and implement communications strategies across a variety of platforms and countries, working with 350.org’s communications and program team, in support of global campaigns. This is a fast-paced job which often requires juggling multiple tasks simultaneously often tackling several issues in parallel.
- The Global Communications Manager works directly with 350.org’s communication team to support our global and regional campaigns.
- This role reports to the Global Communications Director and would be line managing members of the communications team.
- Tasks to be carried out are wide ranging and include: crafting and implementing strategic communications plans for specific campaigns, further building existing databases (e.g.: media tracking database), supporting regional campaigns for global amplification, managing staff to develop their potential, developing content material (such as press releases, op-eds, FAQ’s)
- Supporting and coordinating with regional teams at specific moments requiring rapid media response, as well as supporting the Global Communications Director with additional capacity to implement particular projects and managing the communications team.
- Juggle multiple tasks simultaneously often tackling several issues in parallel, from helping to draft a press release, to partaking in strategy conversations and liaising with colleagues and partners, to oversee the organising of databases on a regular basis. We are looking for someone who can keep calm, positive, and task oriented in chaotic environments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communications and advocacy campaigns.
- Familiarity with climate and environmental issues.
- Experience managing staff and projects.
- Experience leading a remote team of communications professionals required.
- Proven mentorship ability.
- An understanding of the global media landscape, in particular key publications and outlets for environmental and climate change related news in Asia.
- An excellent communicator and first class writing skills in English.
- A resilient and flexible team player who can handle a fast paced, high pressure, highly collaborative team culture
- A people-person who can build relationships with the 350.org staff and volunteer network and also members of the press.
- Willingness to be available non-traditional hours as needed to ensure results.
- Proficiency maintaining spreadsheets and databases, strong email communication, comfort working remotely with colleagues in multiple time-zones via Zoom, conference calls, and other online tools.
- Experience working in multiple countries.
- Experience and competency working in multicultural groups.
- Experience collaborating with diverse constituencies (labour, displaced communities)
- Experience running communications trainings for staff or volunteers.
- A track record of using non traditional and traditional media together to achieve communications objectives.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd