Government Relations Consultant
Organization: Charity Science Health
Apply By: 04 May 2019
Location: (Uttar Pradesh) (Madhya Pradesh) (Gujarat)
About the Organization:
About Charity Science Health (CSH): CSH sends SMS reminders to mothers when their children are due for life-saving vaccinations. CSH has reached about 2,50,000 mothers in low-income areas in Rajasthan, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. CSH is an initiative led in India by Development Consortium. Development Consortium is a development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children and women in vulnerable communities to overcome poverty, inequality abuse and injustice. Development Consortium brings over 10 years of field experience implementing health projects across Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. Charity Science Foundation of Canada provides funding and guidance to Development Consortium on CSH.
About the Role: CSH seeks part-time consultants with extensive contacts in state health departments, who will each manage CSH’s relationships with a state government. Consultants will work to obtain agreements or MOUs with state officials authorizing CSH to use records and databases maintained by the health department to enroll caregivers to receive SMS reminders from CSH. Consultants will have considerable autonomy and will advise CSH management on government relations strategy. CSH is seeking consultants for the following priority states:
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Extensive contacts in the health department and organizations working in the relevant field.
- At least 4-5 years of experience of working in health or development sector
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English and language of the state in which he/she is working.
- Impressive rapport-building skills.
- Proficiency with office software and basic computer functions.
- Experience in child health and immunization.
- Track record of leading NGO/government partnerships
- Relevant advanced degree
- Approach state health department and relevant organizations to propose joint work with CSH.
- Facilitate meetings between CSH management and state officials.
- Constantly stay in touch with officials and act as a bridge between CSH management and the state health department.
- Draft and edit reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Keep CSH management up-to-date with the state’s progress on immunization and other relevant policy developments.
- Advise CSH management on state-specific strategy to improve the chances for CSH to reach its potential beneficiaries in the state.
- Compensation and contracting terms
- CSH prefers to make some or all remuneration for consultants contingent on successful negotiation of an MOU or agreement.
- CSH will consider hourly billing.
- Remuneration will reflect ability and prior experience.
Please write to Katriel Friedman, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- Your CV
- A brief cover letter, indicating:
- In which state you are applying for a consultant role
- Which officials you would seek to approach first
- How you would frame your presentation, in 3-5 sentences
Please include “Government Relations Consultant” in the subject line of your email.Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd