Head of Academics
Organization: Aga Khan Development Networks
Apply By: 31 Jul 2019
About the organization
The Aga Khan Development Network focuses on health, education, culture, rural development, institution-building and the promotion of economic development. It is dedicated to improving living conditions and opportunities for the poor, without regard to their faith, origin or gender.
The Aga Khan Education Services (AKES) is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world.
The Head of Academics is a key member of the senior leadership team, providing programmatic and instructional leadership to improve the quality of teaching and learning and driving the change agenda to raise the profile and performance of the schools and programmes.
- Support schools to develop annual action plans and track milestone performance against approved strategic goals.
- Line manage (including performance appraisal, professional development planning and mentoring) the education programme staff at the central office.
- Drive the development of comprehensive School Improvement Plans for all schools (including budgets) in collaboration with the COO and Head of HR. Plans will use the agreed AKES wide quality benchmarks.
- Oversee the implementation of the change agenda in collaboration with school based leadership teams.
- Lead the transition of schools from State to National/ International Examination Board affiliation.
- Provide programmatic direction in the preparation and review of the five-year rolling budgets for schools in collaboration with the respective school leadership.
- Integrate AKES global key academic performance benchmarks and indicators; and periodically review such quality indicators at the school level, and provide feedback to the school leaders.
- Provide support and direction to school leaders to ensure that existing curricula, education programmes and student assessment and reporting practices are of high quality and relevant to the context and needs of students.
- Promote upgrades in pedagogical processes to implement best practice relevant for building 21 st century skills and which are culturally relevant.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process of senior academic positions at the school level.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of Professional Development for teachers, school academic leadership and other academic staff, and monitor succession plans to ensure strong future leadership for AKES,I network schools.
- Monitor and support school enrolment and marketing efforts
- Lead the review and development of school and central office level academic operational policies, processes and procedures manuals.
- Set up processes for reviewing teacher performance, career ladder and exit, as appropriate, in collaboration with AKES Global and the HR team.
- Network with educational institutions, government education departments, various certification boards (i.e. SSC, IGCSE, IB, ICSE, CBSE, etc), NGOs; and collaborate with other AKDN education agencies.
- Liaise, support and contribute to the effective working of the Academic Committee of the Board of Directors and working groups of Global AKES.
- Post-graduation in any stream and B.Ed./ M.Ed. preferred with at least 10 years of experience in successfully managing and leading K-12 schools (Principal, Head of School,etc.)
- Experience in executing successful school turnaround around projects, curriculum transition projects from state to national / international curriculum
- Experience in the mentoring and supervision of senior educators
- Experience in strategic and project planning and implementation
- Experience and expertise in operating rigorous quality assurance, assessment and tracking processes.
- Understanding of effective frameworks for school improvement planning and self-evaluation.
- Well versed with the use of latest technology in education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including report and proposal writing
- Good computer skills and understanding of budgeting
- Strong interpersonal skills and people management skills, and the ability to contribute as a member of the senior management team
- Passionate about delivering high quality services to children and their families.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd