Head of Press and Communications
Organization: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Apply By: 28 May 2019
About the organization
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, commonly called the Foreign Office is a department of the Government of the United Kingdom. It is responsible for protecting and promoting British interests worldwide and was created in 1968 by merging the Foreign Office and the Commonwealth Office.
To lead Press and Communications work for the British Deputy High Commission in Mumbai, promoting UK activity in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, and Goa. To work with the India-wide Press and Communications network to lead on planning and delivery of dedicated communications campaigns. This is an exciting role at the heart of the UK’s mission in Mumbai. You will be working across all areas of the UK’s involvement in India, including: trade and investment, consular work, political engagement and people-to-people links. You will be specifically responsible for planning and coordinating all press & communications work across 3 states in Western India, working as part of the wider “UKinIndia” Press and Communications Group. You will need to be flexible, able to prioritise work, and able to respond and deliver at pace. As well as dealing with traditional and digital media, we are increasingly focused on key campaign themes. You will need to be able to identify and tell compelling stories from the region, and will need strong writing and drafting skills suitable for a range of communications products.
- Language: English (Essential), Hindi (Essential), Marathi (Desirable)
- Level of language required: Fluent.
Other skills / experience / qualifications:
Essential on arrival:
- At least 2 years in a professional Press/Media/PR/Comms team/institution.
- Experience of design and deployment of digital content across social media platforms.
- Proven record in managing/ leading/ delivering high-profile Press/PR/Comms/Digital campaigns in a competitive market.
- Extensive understanding Press and Digital Media in the Western India.
- Fluency in English and Hindi, and the ability to draft effective media copy suitable for a range of media platforms
- Fluency in the use of cross-digital skills (e.g. still photography, videography for use on digital platforms and skill in loading content to/deploying the full range of social media platforms/channels – twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Face Book etc.)
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Leadership/operational experience in an Embassy/High Commission or an international organisation
- Post-graduate degree (professional Press/Comms/PR qualification/certification preferred, ideally with a digital media/marketing professional qualification)
- Line Management experience
- Fluency in Marathi
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Attach a detailed CV mandatorily
- Complete the motivation segment in the Online Application Form and the competency questions.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd