Individual Consultant - Graphic Designer, Plastic Waste Management
Apply By: 25 Apr 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
The United Nations Development Programme is the United Nations' global development network. Headquartered in New York City, UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
United Nations Development Programme in partnership with Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd. and Hindustan Unilever Limited aims to manage plastic waste in more than 50 cities across India through multi-stakeholder partnership. This Programme is developing sustainable waste management model in the cities by reducing burden on the landfills and providing dignified livelihoods to the waste pickers.
The Programme requires the services of a graphic designer to work closely with communications and Project Management Unit to provide creative design and layout services of communications materials, for both offline and online use, including reports and publications, event collaterals, factsheets, brochures, infographics, graphics for social media outreach and more. The graphic designer will produce products based on the content and guidance provided by the hiring unit in full compliance of UNDP branding and style guide.
- Concept, design and layout of creative, informative and innovative communications products for the Project and partners. List of deliverables may include, but not limited to:
- Graphic design for all type of communications material – logos, factsheets, brochures, flyers, posters, resource booklet, presentations, infographics and other print publications
- Create social media friendly graphics
- Layout design and type setting for printed and electronic publications and other communications material
- Interactive graphics, animation design and animated PowerPoint presentations and graphics for videos
- Layout and designing of communications materials for events and workshops including backdrop, standees, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, invitation cards
- Logos and branding
- Merchandize and collateral designing
- Any other design related requirement of the Programme and its partners.
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strong graphic design skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in producing corporate products
- Understanding of UN, including UNDP, development issues and UN reform
- Knowledge of UN branding language and style guide
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changes to graphics as part of the review and feedback process;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate and work with diverse people;
- Participate effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others;
- Focus on impact and results for the Project.
Qualifications and Experience:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in arts or Graphic Design/ diploma on completion of training course on professional graphic design or related courses.
- A minimum three years of demonstrable experience with reputable companies or projects;
- Experience in producing designs for the United Nations, governments or international non-profits or advocacy campaigns;
- Strong graphic design skills, including the mastery of all standard design software. Well versed in presentation applications such as PowerPoint and Key Note. Professional skills on Adobe Illustrator and Adobe In Design are compulsory;
- A good command of video editing software.
- It is desirable that the candidate should hold a license of Adobe Creative Cloud (valid for the contract period) with functional hardware (I7 Processor, minimum 1 Tera byte hard disk, Video card, minimum 16 GB RAM or higher configuration) to deliver the tasks at the New Delhi office of UNDP.
- In case of unavailability of the above-mentioned license and hardware requirements with the candidate, quotes to clearly mention the same.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Please group them into one (1) single PDF document as the application only allows to upload maximum one document:
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template as per below link.
- Design portfolio, including a) a brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment; and b) at least five examples of a mastery of basic design principles including typography, line, form, color, pattern, contrast scale, weight; creative data visualization capacity, multiple language designs, multiple audience designs and/ or advocacy/campaign designs.
- Personal CV indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd