Apply By: 13 Oct 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for them. They provide expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Position: Individual Consultant
UNDP is currently working in various areas concerning sustainable development, from systems and institutional strengthening to inclusive growth and sustainable livelihoods, as well as sustainable energy, environment and resilience.
The Climate Change, Resilience and Energy (CCRE) portfolio of UNDP is organized around the thematic areas of climate change adaptation and mitigation; disaster management and resilience; and access to clean and efficient energy. The technical consultant will work directly under the supervision of Chief, CCRE, and support the partnership engagement between UNDP and the ISA.
In the context of establishing a long-term partnership between ISA and UNDP, this project will provide immediate support to strengthen the institutional capacity of ISA in areas identified by the joint UN Mission. The purpose of this program partnership is to support implementation of the most immediate of these priorities so as to accelerate operationalization of the ISA mandate for review at the 3rd Assembly in October 2020. Work areas include:
- Strengthening operational capacity so that the ISA can effectively fulfill its role
- Strengthen programming capacity and enhance visibility for its positioning.
- Establish national /international partnerships for South-South Cooperation
Duties and Responsibilities:
The consultant will report directly to Chief – Climate Change, Resilience and Energy, UNDP.
- Liaison and strengthen the partnership engagement between UNDP and ISA by developing a clear framework for communication, delivery and monitoring and evaluation of deliverables.
- Assist in developing a strategy to coordinate the provision of operational and programmatic support to the ISA in an organized and timely manner.
- Develop the detailed work plan with activities and timelines for deliverables.
- Nodal person for internal (between UNDP and ISA) and external communication (Regional Office as and when required).
- Assist in developing and implementing other projects within the CCRE portfolio as and when required.
Any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the organization
Job Knowledge/ Technical skills
- Good technical knowledge on energy / environment management / project coordination / implementation
- Good technical and analytical writing skills
- Good project development skills and understanding project management
- Decisiveness, independence, good judgment, ability to work under pressure
Required Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or higher academic qualification desired) from a recognized institution in Energy / Environment Management/ Sustainable development /Social science
- At least 6 years of programme / project coordination and implementation.
- At least 5 years of relevant post Masters Experience at the national level on climate change and relevant programmes.
- Good communication, project coordination and organization skills
- Familiarity with the working environment and professional standards of international organizations and multilaterals is desired
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is essential.
- Proficient-level of IT/computing skills (minimum: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive constructive attitude;
- Ability to prioritize assignments and requirements, and multitask as needed;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Language: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Hindi is desirable.
Location: New Delhi, INDIA
Application Deadline: 13-Oct-19 (Midnight New York, USA)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd