Institute Postdoctoral Fellow
Organization: IIT Gandhinagar
Apply By: 31 Dec 2019
Job title: Institute Postdoctoral Fellow
The Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar strives to offer the best undergraduate and graduate education in India with unmatched innovations in curriculum. The institute promotes critical thinking and an appreciation of the interdisciplinary character of knowledge, with an emphasis on the liberal arts, project oriented learning, compulsory courses in design and the life sciences, diversity and globalization. The five-week immersion Foundation Programme for all new undergraduate students was recognized with the World Education Award 2013 by the World Education Summit for innovations in engineering education. Nearly a quarter of its undergraduate students receive study abroad experience during their academic career. IIT Gandhinagar is committed to promoting excellence in science, technology, as well as the humanities and social sciences and to the development of rounded and nuanced minds.
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the area of number theory and algebraic geometry. The selected candidate will be carrying out research along with Dr. Arnab Saha in the above areas, and will be funded by the institute. More information about the research interests of Dr. Arnab Saha can be found on his website https://www.iitgn.ac.in/faculty/maths/arnabsaha.htm
Salary: INR 50,000 per month.
The candidate should possess
- A Ph.D. degree in Mathematics (or a closely related field)
- A strong background in number theory and algebraic geometry.
- 1 year (Possibility of extension on the basis of performance)
- Apart from research, the applicant will be expected to contribute to other academic activities of the Institute including teaching.
Applications may be sent through email to Dr. Arnab Saha at (firstname.lastname@example.org ) on or before December 31, 2019. Each applicant should include a single PDF file containing
- A complete current CV with the details of all educational qualifications, research experience, publications, and names of 3 references (see below).
- Brief one-page summary of doctoral research (or most recent research work)
- Brief one-page summary of future research plans. Letters of reference: For full consideration, each applicant should also arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent to Dr. Arnab Saha at (email@example.com )
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd