Intern – Botnar Child Road Safety Project, Sustainable Cities
Organization: World Resources Institute
Apply By: 20 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, we put ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We have the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations and civil society organizations to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization with more than 700 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
A substantial engagement of the Streets For All program in India focuses on improving road safety in the country through provision of safe infrastructure, capacity building and community awareness. Taking this initiative forward, WRI India is commencing “The Safer Commute for School Children” Project in the city of Rohtak, Haryana with a vision to improve the road safety scenario of the children of the city.
With his/her knowledge in road safety, the candidate will assist in materializing WRI India's vision to reduce road crash fatalities in the city of Rohtak, Haryana.
The candidate will undertake the following responsibilities for the Botnar Child Road Safety Project.
Research & Analysis
- Conduct research on best practices around creating child-friendly infrastructure
- Compilation and analysis of primary & secondary data collected
- Preparation of necessary drawings, reports, presentations, graphics, etc.
- Support the preparation of internal & external communications media such as brochures and web content.
Required Attributes and Credentials:
- Candidate should be enrolled in master’s level course in Architecture, Planning or Urban Design
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis is a requirement.
- Proficiency in MS Office is a requirement.
- Familiarity with road safety practices in India and abroad.
- Familiarity with specific needs of the vulnerable road users, especially children.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, think creatively, work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure
Location: Delhi, India
Duration: 2 Months
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers . All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd