Intern - Behavioral Economics Lab
Organization: J-PAL South Asia
Apply By: 30 May 2019
Location: Chennai(Tamil Nadu)
J-PAL South Asia hiring an intern to work with Research Associates, overseeing the Household Decision-Making in India project at the Behavioral Economic Lab in Chennai. This role will provide an opportunity to improve one’s research and management skills. The lab is made up of roughly 20 to 30 local staff. The intern will help the Research Associates in managing the day-to-day operations of the lab, and will help with the administration of the RCT. Perseverance and close attention to detail are key qualities that are imperative when facing dynamic challenges during the course of the project.
We focus on research that explores the intersection of behavioral and development economics. This project explores subtle psychological effects and decision-making of households in India. Primarily focused on couples and households, we are trying to understand the nuances and subtleties of decision-making in India, whilst understanding how information is aggregated amongst couples and how subsequent decisions are made in India. We are striving to build an extensive research agenda that explores in establishing a potential relationship between living in poverty and decision-making, cognitive function, and productivity.
Intern – Roles & Responsibilities:
- Help coordinate field research activities.
- Assist the supervision of data collection and data-entry.
- Assist with data cleaning.
- Conduct statistical analysis using Stata.
- Prepare literature reviews, background research, and other draft content.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in economics or other related social sciences with substantial quantitative work preferred.
- Knowledge of Stata is preferred.
- Familiarity with RCTs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and Tamil is required
Start Date: Rolling enrollment
Length of Commitment: 3 months
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd