Junior Communication Expert (Design)
Organization: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) India
Apply By: 28 Apr 2019
Location: Shimla(Himachal Pradesh)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH or GIZ in short is a German development agency headquartered in Bonn and Eschborn that provides services in the field of international development cooperation
Within the Indo-German Biodiversity Programme, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) India has been commissioned to work with Himachal Pradesh Forest Department (HPFD) on integration of the ecosystem services approach into the forest management in Himachal Pradesh.
The Forest Ecosystem Services (FES) Project in Himachal Pradesh (HP-FES) helps the Himachal Pradesh Forest Department in focussing the management of forests management toward FES. This is archived through measures like Long Term Ecological Monitoring (LTEM), drafting of FES guidelines and management plans for selected demonstration sites and forest districts and capacity building.
The project will also involve local communities in developing, designing and implementing local forest usage plans. The project aims at widespread improvements in rural living conditions by harmonizing the needs of the rural population with the requirements of biodiversity conservation and sustainable forestry.
The concept of ecosystem services approach in forestry, once successfully implemented in Himachal Pradesh, is intended to serve as an example for other states in the Western Himalayas.
- Ensuring the designing of outreach material for various stakeholders (communities, HPFD front line staff and decision makers)
- Organising and coordination of workshops and events
1. Junior Communication Expert will be responsible for the follwing tasks:
- Designing of posters, training material for FES based forest management
- To assist in the preparation of events, meetings and workshops
- Photo documentation of demonstration sites, events and workshops
- Ensuring that field staff is supplied with outreach and training materials
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in communication design or related field Professional experience
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in designing
- Experience in designing outreach material and interacting with local communities
- Excellent writing and photography skills
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in Hindi and English
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge in graphics software
- Willing to travel to remote locations and work as a team
Location: Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Duration of the contract: One-year fixed term contract until April 2020
Last date of application day: 28 April‘19
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd