Junior Manager, Program
Apply By: 24 Oct 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi) Mumbai(Maharashtra)
About Sakshi (http://sakshi.org.in):
Sakshi is a capability building organization, (regd. NGO, 1993). Equality is our founding principle. We focus on 4 areas: diversity & inclusiveness, gender & sexual rights, peaceful coexistence and leadership. We strive to make equality a reality for vulnerable groups by empowering youth, women, children, and marginalized groups. We work in the areas of developing life skills, equality, and gender mainstreaming through dialogue, negotiation, conflict resolution, and transformational leadership. We influence change through social arts, training/workshops, research and communication for sustainable development.
About the Internship:
Do you or anyone you know want to travel around the country educating college students about child sexual abuse, sexuality and rights, constitutional equality; abuse, POCSO and more?
Please read on!
Sakshi, (regd. NGO 1992) is a 27 year old rights based organisation is looking for FOUR young warrior nomads who are ready to join us on this expedition of a lifetime.
Through our flagship program - The Rakshin Project by Sakshi - our mission is to end child sexual abuse in India by working towards creating a social tipping point by building a culture of accountability and a rights-based environment.
We are looking for dynamic young individuals who can meet most of the following criteria:
* Passionate about Feminism and Equality
* Experience with Public Speaking/Debating/Dramatics/Elocution
* Confident and self-assured
* Willing to learn something new everyday
* Great with people (especially teenagers)
* Fluent in English and Hindi (any other Indian languages are a plus)
* Camera-savvy (This means experience with professional cameras, not just your iPhones) (Preferred but not required)
* Social-Media Savvy (Not just with your own personal accounts, previous internships with social media companies or accounts is acceptable) (Preferred but not required)
* An interest in travelling around this country
* Adaptable and street smart (We are going to be taking trains and buses all over so we need someone who can rough it out!)
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Participating in managing The Rakshin Project by Sakshi as the -Junior Manager, Program-.
2. Travelling to various cities with the team and facilitating workshops on POCSO with college students.
3. Delivering workshops as junior trainers after initial training by Sakshi.
4. Managing social media engagement with prospective and past participants of The Rakshin Project.
5. Helping in recording and monitoring of workshops for evaluation.
6. Participating in management tasks required to facilitate the workshops in colleges.
We are looking for recent graduates and dynamic young individuals who are passionate about gender equality and feminism, with a willingness to learn and travel across the country for the next four months on an adventure of a lifetime.
This is a PAID position. We don't believe in exploitation of labour via free internships.
Your travel, stay and food will be taken care of, apart from which you will be paid a salary.
If you are willing to embark on this journey and are interested in making a real difference in this world, please apply immediately, we are looking for people like you to work with!
# of Internships available: 4
Skill(s) required: MS-Office, Video Editing, Digital Marketing, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Indesign, Photography and Video Making
We have FOUR openings for the positions of “Junior Manager, Program”
Two positions are open in New Delhi
Two positions are open in Bombay
Timeline: November 2019 to February 2020
You will be trained in the month of November 2019 in New Delhi, and the project work will be from December 2019 to February 2020.
We need you for ALL FOUR months, none of them are optional.
Your Travel, Food & Accommodation will be taken care of, apart from which you will be paid a salary.
Deadline for Application: 20th October 2019
How to Apply:
Please send in your resumes along with a cover letter which specifies in not more 1000 words why you would like to be a part of this project.
Email the resume and cover letters to:
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd