Junior Research Fellow - Health
Organization: Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation
Apply By: 25 Apr 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
The Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF), set up by Nobel Peace Laureate, Mr. Kailash Satyarthi, is a global leader for prevention of exploitation and violence against children. KSCF works for the creation of a child-friendly world through policy advocacy, direct interventions and programmes, research and capacity building, and campaigns for the mobilization of mass support and sustained behaviour change.
The Junior Research Fellow will be responsible for the tasks related to research undertaken by the KSCF institute. S/he will be required to closely work with the Senior Research Fellow/s (Research) and also supervise interns/field officers if required.
- Conceptualize clear, logical and compelling research studies that highlight the challenges relating to child health and collect evidence for solution
- Assist in planning and executing primary research studies; developing detailed study protocol and design study instruments in consultation with team; analysis and interpretation of research studies
- Conduct training programmes for research staff, data collection, quality assurance, analysis and monitoring of data collection staff
- Conduct secondary research studies on child health and nutrition using multiple data sources
- Work closely with the research team in developing credible partnerships and collaborations with research partners and organizations
- Assist organising expert group meetings and multi stakeholder consultations as per requirement
- Prepare regular updates and archive key data from different sources
- Perform any other work related responsibilities assigned by the supervisor or head of the research division
- All administrative/HR/IT related activities as required
- Coordinate and manage updates/progress reports and team and activity management
- Handle procurements related to research
- Prepare minutes of the meeting and documentation
Skills & Competencies for the role:
- Understanding of the social, economic and political context and status of children in India and their health and nutrition
- Strong understanding of laws related to children and their health viz, UNCRC, RTI Act, ICDS, ICPS, NCLP, etc.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analytical skills.
- Experience in handling large-scale data sets and Census data .
- Demonstrated documentation and report writing skills .
- Strong language proficiency in English and Hindi; Excellent writing skills .
- Excellent interpersonal and team work capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The candidate should have an M.A/M.Sc/M.Phil Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Demography, Statistics, Economics, Development studies, Sociology or Psychology from a reputed university/institute
Experience & Exposure:
- Candidates with M.Phil degree must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in child health, nutrition, and education or other related development programmes and research initiatives.
- Candidates with M.A/M.Sc degree must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in child health, nutrition, and education or other related development programmes and research initiatives.
- Experience of statistical analysis using SPSS, STATA.
- Experience of use of qualitative data analysis software.
- Experience of conducting primary and secondary research studies, collecting and using quantitative and qualitative data.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd