Junior Research Fellow
Organization: National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI)
Apply By: 08 May 2019
About the Organization
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalysing the transformation of Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010,
NABI is involved in research activities for the Bio fortification, development of designer crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food and nutrition, and development of evidence based functional foods to counter malnutrition. Food and nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI requires following research personnel purely on temporary basis.
Junior Research Fellow for “CRISPR/Cas mediated genome editing of genes for high pro-vitamin A accumulation and its stability in banana” (01 Position)
Emoluments:-Rs. 25000/- Per Month Plus HRA as per project.
- Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science OR Graduate /Post Graduate Degree in professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following:-
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC-NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE
- The selection process through National Level examinations conducted by central government departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST,DBT,DAE,DOS,DRDO,MHRD,ICAR,ICMR,IIT,IISc,IISER etc.
Objective of the project:-
- Designing an efficient CRISPR/Cas tool and protoplast transformation protocol forgenome editing in banana.
- Cloning of key targets from carotenoid pathway in CRISPR/Cas cassettes and their editing in banana genome.
- Generation of genome edited banana lines and their analysis
- Growth of events for maturity and fruit analysis for high pro-vitamin A content
Application and Selection Process:-
All interested candidates may appear for Walk-In Interview at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute located at Knowledge City Sector-81, Mohali 140306 on 08th May, 2019 at 0900 hrs along-with duly filled Application form (Mandatory) available on the website www.nabi.res.in
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd