Junior Research Fellows (JRF)/ Junior Project Assistants (JRA)
Organization: Zoological Survey of India (ZSI)
Apply By: 26 Jun 2019
Location: Kolkata(West Bengal)
About the organization
The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), founded on 1 July 1916 by Government of India Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, as premier Indian organisation in zoological research and studies to promote the survey, exploration and research of the fauna in the country.
‘Conservation of Threatened Vertebrate Fauna in Indian Himalayan Region through Long-term Monitoring and capacity Building’ funded by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India through National Mission of Himalayan Studies.
- Study on vertebrate fauna in the Indian Himalayan Region and developing spatial database;
- To study the population viability of selected threatened species in Indian Himalayan Region for developing long-term conservation strategies;
- To set long-term monitoring protocol for threatened vertebrate faunal groups in different parts of Indian Himalayan Region and to develop adaptive management strategies for long-term conservation of those species through community engagement;
- To enhance capacities of different stakeholders (including Forest & Wildlife department staff, local Institutions/ colleges, local NGOs and local communities) for monitoring and conserving threatened vertebrate fauna in the Indian Himalayan Region through capacity building programs and use of modern science, technological tools and approaches;
- Investigating whether ethno-zoological knowledge and practices can be a conservation measure for threatened vertebrate fauna in IHR.
Place of Work: The selected candidates (RAs, JRFs, JRAs, FAs) will have to travel extensively in the Lahaul & Spiti District, Himachal Pradesh, Trans Himalayas, Uttarkashi District, Uttarakhand, Western Himalayas, East Sikkim District, Sikkim, Central Himalayas, Darjeeling District, West Bengal, Central Himalayas, North Kameng District, Arunachal Pradesh, Eastern Himalayas, East Siang District, Arunachal Pradesh, Eastern Himalayas, and may be posted for a longer duration, based on requirements or any other places as per the project requirements including HQ at Kolkata.
Qualification: M. Sc. in Zoology/ Life Sciences/ Life Sciences/Wildlife/Environmental Sciences/Biodiversity & Conservation or equivalent in any branch of biological Sciences with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized University.
Desirable Experience: Experience /knowledge/interest on field data collection/Bioinformatics /Geoinformatics / Wildlife Ecology/GIS/ Climate change.
Age Limit: The upper age limit is 28 years as on date of interview. Age relaxation as per Govt. of India rules.
In case of exceptional candidates, these may be relaxed. UGC/CSIR NET JRF/GATE qualified candidates would be awarded fellowship in line with DST norms, while otherwise competent/ suitable candidates would be provided fellowship as mentioned above which are likely to be amended as per ZSI norms.
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) @ Rs.16,000/- + HRA @ 24 % or Minimum @ Rs.5,400/- for first two years and Rs.18,000/- + HRA @ 24% or Minimum @ Rs.5,400/- for 3rd year,
- Junior Research Assistant (JRA) @ Rs.16,000/- + HRA @ 8% or Minimum @ Rs.1,800/- for first two years and Rs.18,000/- + HRA @ 8% or Minimum @ Rs.1,800/- for 3rd year
A walk-in-interview will be held for selection of candidates at ZSI, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata – 700 053 on 26th June 2019, 10.00 AM onwards.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd