Law Associate - Land Project
Organization: Indian Institute for Human Settlements
Apply By: 05 May 2019
About The Organization:
The Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) is a national education institution committed to the equitable, sustainable and efficient transformation of Indian settlements. IIHS aims to establish an independently funded and managed national university for research and innovation focused on the challenges and opportunities of India’s urban transition. The proposed IIHS University will host an integrated programme of quality campus-based education and research, training and lifelong learning for working professionals, distance and blended learning, as well as a whole array of practice and advisory services
The Law Associate(s) shall be a part of an IIHS Project Team working on land records management and associated e-governance support initiatives. The Law Associate(s) will work on legal aspects of land administration, including legal, institutional, policy and implementation issues on the specifics of land ownership, use, transfer, registration, titling, informality, varied tenure systems and other related legal-policy issues, involving field-work as required. This will involve carrying out a detailed evidence based interpretative analysis of legislative, judicial, and institutional issues and outcomes on the ground as a part of the national and state level initiatives. IIHS is recruiting two candidates for the position of Law Associate.
- Be a part of the team working on land governance and management initiatives and carry out detailed secondary and primary data collection and analyses on ongoing initiatives in select states and at the national levels;
- Carry out collection and analyses of relevant laws, policies, regulations and databases/records pertaining to land and its governance and management in study states and locations;
- Assist in assessing and in developing improved laws, policies, regulations and systems for governance and management of land, including their documentation/recording transactions, litigation, case law and other relevant aspects;
- Translate the experiences from practice into knowledge to contribute to research – this would include publication of journal articles, working papers, case studies etc.;
- Assist in content development and course delivery for training and capacity building initiatives related to land management, by using sectoral expertise along with various pedagogical approaches;
- Engage with government officials and other relevant stakeholders in Study states and locations on the above aspects;
- Assist in documentation and preparation of reports and outputs based on analyses of institutional aspects of land law administration as needed;
- Assist in project implementation tasks, including helping setting up and managing site offices/teams; carrying out and managing field-work; delivering high-quality value-for money outputs; managing clients; ensuring cost-effectiveness of assignments; and assisting in reviewing and evaluating project performance;
- Participate in other activities of IIHS, including those related to academics, research and operations; assist with research and academic work on various other aspects of urban law and policy, as relevant to IIHS.
Structure and Reporting:
The Law Associate(s) – Land Project will report to the Head, Legal and Regulation at IIHS who is the Team Leader of the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- IIHS is looking for bright and enthusiastic lawyers, preferably with two-three years of work experience.
- The candidate should at least have a Bachelor’s degree in law and excellent
- knowledge of law and policy, including aspects related to land law administration and exposure to/experience in land records management.
- Experience in litigation and commercial transactions in land related aspects will be an advantage.
- The candidate shall have good analytical skills and a high degree of proficiency in MS Word and Office applications.
- The position requires excellent spoken and written English; additionally, spoken and reading skills in Hindi or Kannada are desirable.
- S/he will be enthusiastic, willing to take on tough challenges, enjoy travel, have good inter-personal communication skills, and be comfortable in working in highly inter-disciplinary teams.
- T he position is based in Delhi, with frequent travelling to select locations.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd