Leadership - Course Design Lead
Organization: Reach to Teach (RTT)
Apply By: 29 Oct 2019
Location: Ahmedabad(Gujarat) Gandhinagar(Gujarat)
Position Vacant: Leadership - Course Design Lead, Reach to Teach, Ahmedabad/ Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Reach to Teach (RTT) is an education charity that works with governments and other like-minded organisations, to improve the quality of primary education. RTT exists to transform the lives of children in remote and marginalised communities in India, by focusing on transforming classroom teaching practices and teacher-to-child engagement.
Founded in 2003, RTT has grown into an established charity improving the learning outcomes of children in the state of Gujarat and believes that the most important factor in improving children’s learning, is the quality of teaching. RTT’s technical team has helped successfully deploy international best practices in education, at rural schools in Gujarat and is committed to ensuring that the same are extended and adopted by all schools, state-wide.
RTT is working in coalition with other organisations, to support Government of Gujarat’s ongoing efforts to deliver systemic change to ensure better foundational literacy and numeracy outcomes.
For more information about Reach to Teach, please visit http://reach-to-teach.org/
About Educational Leadership Programme:
Working closely with the RTT education leadership resources, the Educational Leadership Support (ELS) Team will deploy RTT’s expertise and knowledge of international best practices in the leadership development of school and education system leaders within the Gujarat school system. RTT will set up, operate and transfer to government a successful and impactful Educational Leadership Programme, with a focus on the role of Head Teachers (HTs) as pedagogical leaders who promote positive teaching and learning in their schools.
The ELS Team will also provide professional development to those who work closely with HTs such as CRCs. The initial work of the team will involve an analysis of the current state, identifying challenges and opportunities.
Working closely with the government, the ELS team will work to define the role and scope of education leadership in resolving the education crisis, identifying how to empower system leaders to effect change. The ELS team will also incorporate identified insights in the design, implementation and running of the Educational Leadership Programme, before supporting the smooth transition to the government.
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- The Course Design Lead will work closely with the RTT Education Team located both in the UK and India and with officials in the Gujarat Council of Educational Research and Training (GCERT) to co-design a series of high impact courses for educational leaders.
- Using an understanding of the current training approach as well as creativity, the incumbent shall also establish a clear vision for the course development process and design methodology.
- S/he will work with a wide range of stakeholders to design and deliver engaging and high impact leadership courses that are culturally aligned, best suit the needs of the audience and aim to develop HTs and other education system leaders to become agents of change and sustainability in their respective environments.
- The post holder will also take effective interventions to help change the mind-set around training and coaching amongst government stakeholders and HTs and create a culture of continuous learning.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
A. Program Management
(1) Ensure that the RTT education ethos and approach is reflected in the development and deployment of all programmes;
(2) Build high-trust partnerships with school and system leaders to understand their current challenges and opportunities;
(3) Liaise with government officials to analyse the existing course content and gather requirements for creating new course material. I will create a repository of material and resources for school leaders to access;
(4) Identify and establish learning objectives that help HTs to understand their role as more than functional managers, but rather proactive and innovative leaders. I will create training content that promotes:
- The development of HTs as an inspiration, a visionary and an initiator of change and school transformation;
- Learning through continuous self-reflection and building schools as a place for learning and growing together;
- An understanding of child-centred pedagogy and transforming teaching and learning into an inclusive and joyful process;
- Coaching teachers and promoting their professional development and learning;
- Building a culture of innovation in schools;
(5) Apply the principles of instructional design and identify instructional technologies that are appropriate for creating content;
(6) Assess existing course material and provide feedback for improvement. I will create a standard for developing new and reviewing existing content, ensuring that the;
- Course information satisfies the learning objectives;
- Content is exhaustive, covers all topics required, is of optimum length and is appropriately timed;
- Content has provision for group activities and is presented in a manner that is suited for the learner;
- Structure of the course, storyboard, content flow, logical sequence of topics, phrasing and terminology is aligned with the learning objectives;
- Content is suited for delivery across multiple instructional methods;
- Course design provides an opportunity for the evaluation of knowledge and acquisition of skills;
(7) Manage the change of data, work effectively with all stakeholders to get alignment, create a review cycle, and ensure post-review insights are communicated and corrected on time;
(8) Use secondary research for identifying the newest trends in teaching and learning and create content that supports these mediums of delivery;
(9) Seek feedback regularly and feed it into the overall improvement of the programmes;
(10) Ensure our content reflects the use of a variety of tools and blended learning approach such as slow-paced self-learning, online e-content, trainer-led, peer learning, experiential and on the job training;
(11) Work closely with the RTT education team in ensuring alignment between its collective expertise in school leadership, the RTT theory of change, and the programmes offered;
(12) Share regular updates about the data analytics work, to both internal and external stakeholders in a proactive manner;
(13) Work with other RTT employees to draw on national and international best practices and apply the same to her/his work;
(14) Carry out other duties within the scope and spirit of the job, and in accordance with the level of the post, as required.
B. Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Communicate complex and technical, information using different formats to a range of audience to ensure clear and consistent understanding;
- Build relationships with Programme Manager, Leadership Development Consultant and government colleagues and officials on a wide variety of activities; Participate in regional and national meetings and conferences to gain and share knowledge and experience;
- Regularly update internal and external stakeholders of progress and changes on performance milestones and issues.
C. Teamwork and People Management
- Support the programme team (government employees) to smooth transfer of ownership of the Leadership Programme;
- Promote and role model RTT’s management culture of openness, innovation, involvement, teamwork and performance;
D. Planning and Organising
- Support, plan and manage the curriculum design for the leadership development programme, with an appreciation of longer-term impact; Ensure that the procedures complement and feed into the broader strategic plans of this programme;
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
Applicants must be Master’s in Business Administration/ Leadership Development/ Education / Social Sciences
- Five years of experience of designing training curriculum for the leaders, ideally within the education sector;
- Experience of having worked extensively on leadership learning;
- Knowledge of leadership models and theories in the areas of learning design, instructional design, adult learning, leadership development and programme improvement methodologies;
- Knowledge of trends and needs in the current education system and solutions.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Advise on the analysis and interpretation of data, identify trends in the field of leadership development in education and test solutions;
(2) Familiar with and act at all times in accordance with RTT’s values, policies, procedures, standing orders and financial regulations ensuring that staff are also aware of their obligations to follow them;
- Highly creative in the use of words for effective creation and delivery of training;
- Adept at writing, proper grammar and vocabulary;
- Ability to conduct primary and secondary research for identifying the newest trends and incorporate them in training approach;
- High social intelligence; Ability to engage and influence teams, create relationships of trust with stakeholders;
- Collaborative and solutions focused;
- Comfortable in negotiating and diffusing conflict; Seeking clarity and testing assumptions;
- Ability to develop learning architecture and develop a broader vision for the programme;
- Ability to think clearly and rationally and select the best method for training delivery;
- Ability to spot gaps, establish need and opportunities;
- Ability to successfully manage project deliverables in stipulated time and budget;
- Ability to incorporate feedback and continually work on project improvement;
- Demonstrated commitment to being open and honest, sharing information and encouraging inclusive dialogue at all levels;
- Demonstrated commitment to sharing challenges, avoiding working in silos, building ideas collaboratively and respecting and supporting each other to make positive contributions to work;
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity, uncertainty and change;
- Ability to adapt well to shifting priorities;
- Ability to juggle different and conflicting priorities;
- Ability to reflect, self-aware, able to regulate, empathetic, and capable of deep listening;
- Ability to adopt a global mind-set, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to relate to and work effectively across cultures;
- Excellent presence and executive communication skills, able to articulate and communicate well to a wide variety of senior-level leadership;
- Ability to read, write and speak in Gujarati at a functional level;
- Ability and willingness to travel as per job requirements.
Gross compensation for the position is attractive. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
Location: Ahmedabad/ Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Appointment: This is a full-time position. The initial contract offered shall be till March 2022 and renewable thereafter based on performance.
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link http://rtt.samshrm.com by or before October 20, 2019
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd