Apply By: 30 Apr 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Position: Library Manager
Location: New Delhi
Job Type: Full-Time
- Lead Parag's Library work across multiple states
- Build an overall library strategy that including scaling best practices, working with governments and strengthening systems
- Mentor and support field teams and enable smooth implementation of programmes
- Leading annual plans and quarterly meetings
- Develop and implement strong process monitoring of libraries including anchoring baseline/end line evaluation
- Develop an evaluation matrix for libraries that demonstrates their link to literacy and quality of education
- Design and undertake in-service teacher training and facilitator capacity building around libraries.
- Regularly visit different field sites, conduct demonstration sessions for field teams, and use feedback to strengthen programme inputs
- Manage library related grants including progress and financial reporting
- Ensure timely communication of library activities for external stakeholders including best practices, photos, stakeholder quotes, depiction of library work on Parag social media, communication products etc
- Contribute to and participate in Parag conferences and events and any other activity required to fulfill the objectives of the Parag programme
- Work with Parag team members anchoring book development, and professional capacity building work to ensure synergies across verticals.
- Strong understanding of elementary education and role of libraries and reading pedagogies
- Education policy and state systems
- Strong comfort and interest in enabling libraries and their role in education
- Strong management skills to manage large teams
- Ability to work independently and respond quickly to challenges
- Understanding of training and monitoring methods
- Ability to build strategy keeping the organisational goals in mind
- Proactive, taking initiative
- Minimum 5 and maximum 15 years of work experience in the education sector with core expertise around libraries and reading for pleasure
- Master’s degree in Education or Social Sciences with a strong interest in promoting reading amongst children
To Apply: Please send a response to the following assignments with Subject Line (Library Assignment) and Your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Submit a Note on why every school needs a vibrant library. Give reference to policy documents, Indian and international research as evidence. (1,000 words)
2. How would you assess quality of library work if you are visiting schools? Share a brief assessment tool with minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 parameters.
For more information please check the Link
Please mention NGOBOX as your reference in the mail.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd