Manager – Alternative Care
Organization: Udayan Care
Apply By: 30 Apr 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
Udayan Care, an ISO 9000 certified organisation, has been working for the quality care of disadvantaged children and women and youth for over 24 years, with the endeavour of providing sustainable rehabilitation. Udayan Ghars are long term residential homes that nurture children who are orphaned or abandoned in a family environment. Beyond 18, they get aftercare support and are educated and trained further, till job ready and independent.
The Program Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of Udayan Ghar programme including hirings, trainings, supervising the programme coordinators, documentation and timely reporting, ensuring statutory compliances, donor and finance management, maintaining relationships with mentors and volunteers, also acts as a part of the senior management team of Udayan Care. The role reports into the Programme Director and works in close collaboration with the Senior Management/ Trustees.
- Developing and implementing yearly plan for Alternative Care Programme
- Spearheading the Alternative Care for children agenda including training and documentation
- Identify programme development opportunities and innovative methods of child care and protection specially for institutionalized children and alternative care
- Develop and monitor annual operating budget for the Ghar Programme
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems and processes for the programme
- Networking and representing Udayan Care to all relevant forums – NGOs, Government agencies, potential and current donors
- Ensure an effective ERP system to record all transactional details
- Ensure fulfilling vacancies with right people, their induction and training
- Ensure timely reporting for government bodies and donors
- Effectively manage information on legal aspects/ donors/ reports and proceedings at all
- Alternative Care Program through a centralized monitoring system (MIS);
- Ensure timely filling up
- ERP systems and analysis thereof to improve systems
- Facilitate implementation of Udayan Ghar model and policies across all homes and consider improving the standards of care in our existing and future homes
- Facilitate all homes with the approved number of children as per licenses
- Arrange internal and external capacity building opportunities for Children, Mentor parents, counselors, and care staff
- Ensure an effective mental health programme and other developmental activities for all children-
- Holding monthly meeting of mentors, aftercare committee and other committees
- Intervene in case of crisis at any home at any time, deal with CWC members and government authorities with the support of mentor parents and social workers, defusing issues related to children conflict resolution between staff members, mentors and volunteers
- Developing and refining training program es under Alt care; internal as well as external, get training proposals approved by government –state and central, as well as NGOs.
- Ensure an effective Aftercare Programme, with proper development of each youth till employed- Ensure management of an effective network of alumni and address their issues as per the organizational norms
- Ensure an effective research programme in all aspects of alternative care within the organization
- Ensure an effective ERP system to develop all kinds of MIS for programmatic evaluation and monitoring
- To lead a committed and dedicated alternative care team comprising social workers, counsellors and care staff.
- Communicate with mentor parents and ensure effective working together with staff, children and mentors.
- Effective dealing with volunteers, interns and employee engagement programmes
- Capacity building of Social workers, counsellors, care staff on child care and protection and also of staff of other institutions
- Recruitment of social workers and caregivers.
- Capacity Building of children, youth, staff, volunteers
- Ensuring statutory compliances and Donor and Finance management
- Refine periodically and ensure implementation of standard operating procedures in Ghar programme
- Track and measure the level of engagement of programme team on a periodic basis and report to senior management
- Ensure adherence to JJ Act and other guidelines on alternative care
Qualifications and Experience:
- Around 5 or more years of work experience on child rights/ institutional care issues
- Good knowledge of programme management and handling teams
- Sound knowledge of JJ Act and child rights and child protection practices and norms
- Masters in Social Sciences/Arts/Law
Skills and Knowledge:
- Collaborative style; experience in developing and implementing programme management and strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills in managing resources and donor reporting
- Self-starter, able to work independently and with team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- An ability to work successfully under pressure with the capacity to manage competing priorities and deliver to deadlines.
- Strong personal and social values.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd