Manager – Capacity Building
Organization: Karnataka Health Promotion Trust (KHPT)
Apply By: 21 Jul 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi) Bengaluru(Karnataka)
About the organization
KHPT, established in the year 2003 as a partnership between the University of Manitoba, Canada, and Government of Karnataka (GoK) with the vision of empowering communities to transform their lives through focused interventions in health, education and community institution building. It began as a lead partner for programme implementation with the GoK to scale up targeted HIV prevention, care and support programmes across the state.
To support India’s effort to end Tuberculosis (TB), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded the Tuberculosis Health Action Learning Initiative (THALI) to Karnataka Health Promotion Trust (KHPT), implemented in Bengaluru (Karnataka), Hyderabad (Telangana). The project aims to improve prevention and management of TB through community engagement interventions, innovative solutions. It focuses on people living in urban slums in priority districts of Karnataka and Telangana.
Qualification and experience
- MSc Nursing, with specialization in public health, health systems management and experience in training. A background of social work, sociology, counselling, public health and relevant discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressively responsible professional experience specifically with marginalized and vulnerable population.
- Experience, or at least strong capability, in executing strategies and plans for health care provider engagement including paramedics, counsellors, non-medical field workers as well as doctors.
- A good understanding of the Revised National TB Control program and the National Strategic Plan to eliminate TB in India is an advantage. If not, she/he should have the ability to quickly grasp, understand and become proficient in the area.
- Willingness to travel for about 15 days in a month
Key competencies & Skills
- Having a high level of drive, energy and commitment to excellence and to the THALI vision.
- Ability to take initiative, manage complex workloads and deliver outputs to agreed deadlines.
Communication, Networking and Representational Skills:
- External representation, relationship building and persuasion among diverse partners.
- Excellent communication, counselling and mentoring skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Hindi. Additional ability to speak, read/write Kannada and/or Telugu preferred.
- Strong documentation skills with ability to develop, review and edit technical documents, including technical content in training materials, communication and advocacy products.
- Ability to operate MS Office applications with high proficiency, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Monitoring and Evaluation; Research and Learning:
- Strong understanding of Monitoring and the ability to evaluate and analyze qualitative and qualitative information. Having additional qualification in these areas is an advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing capacity building materials with KHPT TB Technical team on prevention, counselling care and support for TB patients.
- Assist in developing capacity building materials with KHPT TB Technical team for health care providers especially paramedical staff and counselling.
- Assist in various Capacity building activities in project geography and actively participate in RNTCP training programs as resource persons as and when required.
- Support Technical team and program team in development of THALI strategy for assigned geography & roll-out.
- Provide strategic inputs into development of Patient Treatment Support systems – planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Work closely with RNTCP officers at Central, State and District TB offices as the case maybe.
- Advocate for patient services from stakeholders as needed and also for scaling up of strategies that are effective.
- Attend Technical workshops and meetings at State, National level to understand and align with the National Strategic Plan and Policies.
The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Salary: The salary for the position will be as per the market standards which will be fixed based on the relevant experience, qualification, interview performance and internal parity.
Reporting: The Manager – Capacity Building will report to Project Director – THALI Project, KHPT, Bangalore or person designated by him.
Interested candidates please apply using the prescribed KHPT ApplicationFormat and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Candidates can download the format byclicking on ‘Application Format’ or visit www.khpt.org to download the format.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd