Manager – Funder Engagement
Apply By: 17 Jun 2019
Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and high potential social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding and people as a catalyst for social change.
With over 16 years of experience and a team of 100 + professionals, Dasra has established itself as a social sector leader by:
- Evaluating over 2,000 non-profit organizations and social businesses;
- Advising 730 non-profit organizations and social businesses on growth plans;
- Engaging over 3,000 philanthropists, multi-lateral agencies and corporate foundations;
- Publishing 68 research reports and white papers;
- Directing over INR 350 CR in funding commitments to the social sector
About Dasra Adolescents Collaborative
The Dasra Adolescents Collaborative (DAC) is a multi million-dollar platform that facilitates collaborative action amongst funders, experts, government bodies and non-profits to reach 5 million adolescents, and move the needle on outcomes key to adolescent empowerment (specifically within the areas of health, education, employability and agency). Dasra has already partnered with Kiawah Trust, USAID, Packard Foundation, Tata Trusts and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) to drive this effort. The Collaborative aims to build a multi-stakeholder ecosystem that fosters, drives, and delivers knowledge, funding, and networks to empower adolescents.
The DAC team spearheads this Collaborative, the goal of which is to improve the lives of adolescents on the ground, and drive USD 50 million to the sector across 5 years.
The role of Manager – Funder Engagement provides a unique opportunity to engage with leading funding agencies in the sector including multi-laterals, foundations, India’s leading philanthropists as well as CSR arms of organisations. Core activities will include forging and managing relationships with funder community, work on raising funds for the collaborative as well as Dasra’s portfolio organizations including funder interactions, funding proposals, funder reporting, funder meets etc.
You will be a key member of the Dasra Adolescents Collaborative team, leading and working closely with colleagues to develop compelling proposals and providing strategic support and direction for organizational funding needs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with funders of all types (Individual, corporate and foundation) and help them understand the need of the adolescents sector, guiding them with research and insight, recommending collaborative approach and on-boarding them to the collaborative through varied aspects of the collaborative
- Help execute on the funding plans for Dasra Adolescents Collaborative Dasra for meeting and exceed funding targets
- Maintain and grow existing funder base numbers and contributions by participating in wide range of interventions, not limited to one-to-one meetings, proposals, bespoke events, intermediary networks and personal networking
- Create and manage deep engagement with existing funders for a continued alignment with the cause of adolescents and that of the collaborative
- Manage on-going day to day interactions / requests / update to and from the funders
- Ensure adherence to / achievement of milestones and deliverables committed to the funders
- Responsible for formal / informal updates and reporting to the funders
- Lead by example and nurture the funder engagement team. Develop the team’s all round capability through in-job coaching, devolving responsibility and identifying the skills and experience needed from formal skills training.
- Work cross functionally within Dasra to develop the activities and assets needed. Build coalitions and collaborations externally to deliver the plan.
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who is funder oriented, customer focused, with high energy levels, who naturally builds relationships that lead to results as well manage high stake funders on an on-going basis. You should be able to transition seamlessly from engaging with new funders to executing funder convenings and events. This is a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of role. The candidate should be result oriented with a strong sense of ownership.
Specifically, we are looking for someone with:
- 12+ years of work experience (preferably in customer and account management roles). The individual is a person who is ambitious for results, and has the drive and determination to achieve them.
- Strong experience in acquiring and servicing customers with ability to generate and communicate unique value propositions. An understanding of customers’ needs and how to meet those needs. Be organised, have good time management skills and be able to prioritise work load.
- A proven track record in strategic and operational account management role with experience in closing sales and client servicing
- Excellent interpersonal skills charisma and confidence to interact well with others, and the directness and confidence to bring a sale to a successful conclusion. Excellent team working skills, with proven contribution to team goals and objectives.
- Passion for building a movement for adolescents and recognizing the importance of a cross-sector development approach.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking and ability to operationalize by working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships, worked in roles that entailed extensive stakeholder management.
- Self-starting, willing to take initiative and display project management leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communication and inter-personal skills, with a demonstrated ability to network and present to various stakeholders.
- Ability to bridge the gap between the non-profit and for-profit worlds. Exposure to strategy, CSR and passion for the development sector would be a definite advantage.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd