Marketing & Communications Specialist
Apply By: 20 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Quicksand (www.quicksand.co.in ) is a leading design strategy and innovation consultancy in India, recognised globally for its expertise in user-centered design. Our work spans both for-profit and not-for-profit sectors across emerging markets, and has involved envisioning innovative new programs, products and services that are future facing, and still rooted in the everyday reality of people they aim to serve.
In this role, you will work closely with the leadership to create a marketing and communications strategy for Quicksand, lead the communications role, ensuring our work is published, shared, cited across various channels and overall help raise visibility and awareness of Quicksand.
The role requires one to have an understanding of the practice of human centered design as you will need to actively engage with and think about how ideas, tools and domain knowledge generated in our practice can be converted into knowledge products that can engage the community at large.
Quicksand has a few digital assets - namely a website, a Medium publication, our periodic e-mailers, a video channel, project and publications microsites, social media presence across all major social networks (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and an assortment of applications we own intellectual property for, that need constant attention, upgrade and refresh. It is expected that the Marketing & Communications Specialist will take complete ownership across these assets, driving content development through to final execution, ensuring that all channels are actively putting out original content and reaching new audiences.
- Drive and contribute to the process of setting the strategy and plan to raise visibility and awareness for Quicksand, driving business objectives and building a credible position for the organization.
- Ensure that the studio's presence across the social networks is actively managed with relevant and engaging content.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure that project outcomes are captured, synthesised and distilled into relevant content for various outreach channels. Also, proactively identifying story opportunities within Quicksand’s work and activities.
- Curate a bank of assets that showcase Quicksand work, thought, methods and culture and actively share these with colleagues, partners, clients and the larger community on a routine basis.
- Build public relations to expand studio outreach, that align with our practice and area of work (both domestic and international) and seed studio thought within those.
- Work with studio leadership to periodically publish sector specific, or practice oriented thought leadership pieces and identify and publish in relevant channels.
- Identify and work with a team of designers, illustrators, programmers to build and publish products of the studio. These could include mobile or web applications, toolkits, publications.
- Lead periodic content reviews with team members to better understand and evaluate content strategy and prioritize new content.
- 6+ yrs of experience working in a creative environment in Marketing & Communications and/or PR.
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills. Communications, literature or media background is a plus.
- Proven track record in managing digital communications for an organisation, having published for both digital and print media.
- Demonstrable exposure to human centered design.
- Excellent writing skills and articulate, accurate, and timely communication to build and sustain momentum.
- Strong strategic capabilities and the ability to keep an eye on the big picture while managing the details.
- Self-directed toward excellent work outcomes, comfort level with ambiguous and sometimes unfamiliar process and way of thinking.
- Excellent discretion, demonstrating sound judgment in dealing with confidential dialogues and information.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office / Google Docs, Keynote / Powerpoint, Gmail, and very comfortable using the Internet as a research tool.
Please include a writing sample with your application and an example of a campaign or project of yours, and describe your role in the work.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd