Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Internship
Organization: International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas
Apply By: 30 May 2019
About The Organization:
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international organization undertaking research-for-development. They envision resilient livelihoods in dryland communities of the developing world with secure access to food, markets, nutrition and health, and the capacity to manage natural resources sustainably. Since its establishment in 1975 as an international organization, organization has implemented research-for-development programs in 50 countries in the world’s dry areas, spanning from Morocco in North Africa to Bangladesh in South Asia.
The International Center for Agriculture Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) invites applications for a six-month internship for the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)activities of the CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes and Dryland Cereals (CRP-GLDC).The MEL Intern is appointed by the MEL Specialist based in Egypt in accordance of the Human Resources Policies of ICARDA. The internship is based in the office of CRP-GLDC at International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Patancheru, Hyderabad, India.
The selected national or international intern is contracted as Research Fellow with the aim to promote a better understanding of CGIAR and, providing assistance to CRP-GLDC of young researchers specializing in fields relevant to its activities, and offers an exceptional first employment experience to young graduates.
He/she reports to the MEL Specialist and to a co-supervisor from CRP-GLDC based in ICRISAT Campus in Hyderabad. As part of MEL team of CRP-GLDC, he/she will liaise with the concerned activity scientists of 5 Flagship Programs based in 13 countries from 9 participating institutions of CRP-GLDC.
- Review the Flagship Programs TOC under the supervision of MEL Specialist.
- Review project, CRP and CGIAR indicators in order to ensure harmonization across levels.
- Ensure that baseline data or indicators is collected following best practices and stored on suitable data repositories to sustain evaluations and impact assessment efforts.
- Review mapped bilateral projects and provide MEL-related support to scientists when developing new initiatives mapped to CRP-GLDC.
- Learn about relevant methods, tools and skills used in a web-based information system environment and apply these to unit efforts to enhance the web-based MEL platform under close supervision and guidance from experts from the unit.
- Support the user-based testing and piloting of the above-mentioned web-based MEL platform enhanced with new features to be used.
- Provide support in identifying outcome stories, research innovations and policies for reporting and publishing on CRP-GLDC website and social media.
- Document and catalogue existing MEL data available on the CRP-GLDC research activities according to specific unit guidance and templates.
- Enter the catalogued data into the web-based MEL platform being developed and tested by the unit.
- Link the data to program outputs (reports, publications, briefs, datasets, photos, tools, etc.) available in the existing repositories of the Partners.
- Support the Plan of Work Budget and Annual Report processes.
- Provide customer support offline and online for the end users of MEL based at ICRISAT
- Hyderabad and other locations of participating institutions of CRP-GLDC and its partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Research Fellows must possess relevant academic background and show interest in the specific area in which they may operate at GLDC location, as the expectation is that the Research Fellow will contribute to the research programme concerned.
- They will normally be young researchers who have completed their masters and have up to 3 years of professional experience.
How to apply:
Please apply online by 30 May 2019. Applications will still be considered until the position is filled.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd