Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization
Apply By: 01 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all nations meet as equals to negotiate arguments and debate policy.FAO is also a source of knowledge and information, and helps developing countries in transition modernize and improve agriculture, forestry and fisheries practices, ensuring good nutrition and food security for all. The FAO has 197 member states
The Fostering Climate Resilient Upland Farming Systems in the North East (FOCUS) Project (UTF/IND/196/IND) will address the issues facing jhum cultivation through better jhum cultivation practices that are more productive and sustainable, creating an ecological balance and translating into extension of the cultivation cycle by one to two years, with longer fallow periods (up to 15 years). It will also support jhum farming households in adopting alternative farming systems, particularly sedentary farming. Along with more productive wet-terrace rice fields and improved livestock systems, the project will enhance farmers’ incomes, reduce pressure on natural resources and increase resilience to climate change. As farmers move to more market-orientated production, the project will support improved market access and value chain development.
The Technical Assistance (TA) by FAO responds directly to practical ramifications of the economic transition and rural sector processes under way in the state of Mizoram. The Technical Assistance will combine gender-sensitive professional support and institution building, in tune with local stages of development in the rural sector, with research and information-sharing. This TA consultancy will make optimum use of FAO’s accumulated experience and know-how (technical aspects of SALT, TRC, animal husbandry, crop productivity and process/training methodologies) on farmer education and farmer institutions at local, state and national levels, as well as the Asia region.
The TA will improve the development and delivery of agriculture and animal husbandry knowledge by designing training materials and curricula tailor-made for introducing innovative methodologies. Training will be targeted at farmers as a mechanism to introduce improved agronomic and animal husbandry practices based on existing social and institutional stakeholders, issues and challenges - e.g., jhum, social mobilization, gender equity, community organization and group formation, in particular the Village Councils (VCs).
Primary Location: India-New Delhi
Duration: For up to 11 months on WAE Basis
- Under the direct supervision of the FAOR, India, technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer and in close collaboration with other consultants and counterparts, the consultant will provide technical inputs on the development of the results framework for the project.
- Expertise in Monitoring and Evaluation
The consultant will undertake the following duties:
- Study the relevant project documents (including but not limited to the project document, provisional workplans, first annual workplan, budget etc.), review and revise the logframe and results matrix, and revise the indicators if necessary.
- Work with the FAO country office to shortlist a technically qualified agency for conducting a baseline study in the project areas.
- Work closely with the qualified M&E agency to help prepare the methodology for the baseline survey, data collection methods, survey instruments and data analysis tools for the baseline of the project
- Review the data collected and analysis carried out by the agency for the baseline
- Review the results frame work of the project and suggest indicators for better capturing the project’s progress, outcomes and impact
- Coordinate with the MIS expert to review the MIS needs and plans of the project, and extract relevant indicators (simple and straightforward) to monitor the project outputs.
- Coordinate with the MIS expert to work with the SPMU and DPMUs to design data collection tools and protocols for collection of data on different indicators. When designing data collection tools and protocols, care will be taken to ensure that the tools enable collection of sex-disaggregated data, to measure the extent to which the project is gender inclusive, and will make an impact on their lives and overall social and economic well-being.
- Liaise as needed with the SoCRAN; and
- Any other work as requested by FAO.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in agribusiness, business management or equivalent.
- 10 years of relevant experience of working with government agencies and of working in development projects.
- Working knowledge of English, Knowledge of Nagamese is desirable.
- National of India or resident in the country.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- At least ten years of experience in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) particularly in the context of agriculture, livelihoods, natural resource and/or rural development projects.
- Knowledge of and experienced in project cycle management and well versed in logical frameworks.
- Previous experience with projects financed from International Financial Institutions (World Bank, IFAD, Asian Development Bank etc.)
- Previous experience in working with state government of Nagaland will be desired
- Experience in improved jhum management and value chain issues is an advantage.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd