NPO (Emergency Risk and Crisis Management)
Organization: World Health Organization (WHO)
Apply By: 08 Oct 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. WHO are responsible for the World Health Report, the worldwide World Health Survey, and World Health Day
Position: NPO (Emergency Risk and Crisis Management)
Description of Duties:
Under the overall guidance of the WHO Representative to India and the Deputy WHO Representative to India, the direct supervision of the Team Leader, Health Security and Emergency, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
1) Health operations effectively managed in support of national and local response:
- Provide support to establish an in-country Incident Management System structure and Regional Office/headquarters support mechanisms for all graded health emergencies.
- Provide effective management at national and subnational levels for all health emergencies.
- Maintain emergency operations centers; lead development of a strategic plan for the health sector in all graded and protracted events.
- Assist in leveraging technical capacities from across the Organization in support of emergency operations.
- Assist in development of Business Continuity Plan for (BCP) for the Country Office during emergencies and build capacity of key CO staff on Emergency Response Framework, and BCP
2) Collective response by operational partners effectively coordinated:
- Address capacity gaps for the National response to health emergencies through development of strategic partnerships.
- Assist in developing technical standards for health emergency operations and monitor health response against standards.
- Undertake joint trainings and exercises among operational partners (the Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network, the Global Health Cluster, emergency medical teams, standby partners and others).
- Support the Government/Ministry of Health to collaborate on the Emergency Medical Teams (EMT) policy and/or operational expertise on matters pertaining to EMT capacity strengthening and response. Assist in conducting coordination meetings with all operational partners, convening internal meetings to monitor and evaluate implementation of work plans, facilitation of resource mobilization, prioritization, accountability of all operational partners and effective decision-making.
3) Perform other related duties, as required by the supervisor
Essential: University degree from a recognized university, in public health/health administration, social sciences or related fields.
Desirable: Specialization in health sector emergency risk management and preparedness plans and health systems strengthening. Post graduate studies in public health/health administration. Social sciences or related fields
Essential: At least one year experience in ERM service delivery and/or planning/public health.
Desirable: Experience in WHO or an international organization or institution, preferably in UN System, management and leadership experience are assets.
- Knowledge of WHO policies guidelines, result based management approach.
- Knowledge Programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies and guideline and of related program area of government
- Knowledge in ERM
- Knowledge of WHO/ UN agencies programmes and practices will be an advantage.
Use of Language Skills:
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at INR 1,560,510 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Primary Location: New Delhi
Closing Date: Oct 8, 2019, 3:29:00 AM
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd