Apply By: 29 Apr 2019
Job title: National Consultant- Peace promotion
Deadline: 29th April 2019
Human Rights Programme (HRP) is an initiative of UNDP that aims to strengthen capacity of state institutions (including NHRC), Civil Society Organizations, national stakeholders and community-based groups for better promotion and protection of Human Rights in Bangladesh. HRP has five components and off them component-5 is designed to support national stakeholders (including multi ethnic/religious/social leaders, youth, Human Rights Defenders journalists) to better protect and promote the rights of vulnerable groups and minorities in Bangladesh. This is complemented with output 2 which is designed for enhanced capacity of civil society and community-based organisations to engage in human rights advocacy and awareness raising.
Duties and Responsibilities
The assignment is an integral part of the Human Rights Programme (HRP), UNDP and strategically aligned with the activity 5.4.1 and action: support developing peace platforms for promotion of peace, peaceful co-existence and capacity development of peace leaders. Under this activity, HRP-UNDP has taken initiative to connect the potential peace leaders (multi-ethnic/religious/social leaders) in HRP’s priority districts  in promotion of peace, peaceful co-existence of all segment of people/groups in the society.
Regarding this, the assignment will focus on:
- mapping information of risk issues/drivers in the society that may create conflicts and violence;
- Develop an informative list of potential multi-ethnic/religious/social leaders, who have wider acceptance and ability to resolve conflicts and promoting peace and religious tolerance in the society;
- Supporting capacity development of multi-ethnic/religious/social leaders on promotion of peace, Human Rights and conflict prevention issues;
- Develop a brief guideline (with the highlights of formation proceedings, guiding principles and key voluntary functions of peace leaders/forum) for peace forum (platform) at district level;
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum Master’s Degree in Peace and Conflict Studies/Human Rights/ Social-Science/ Political Science or any other related field for the assignment.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience on Human Rights or Peace/Religious tolerance/Social Cohesion and Conflict Prevention issues;
- Experience in Mapping of risk issues/drivers in the society that may create conflicts and violence;
- Experience in work with multi-ethnic/religious/social leaders and their capacity enhancement.
The award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant up on Cumulative Analysis/evaluation and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation;
- Technical Criteria weight; 70 marks. Only candidates obtaining a minimum 49% mark in technical evaluation will be considered eligible for financial evaluation.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd