National Consultant for Public Private Partnership
Organization: World Health Organization
Apply By: 30 Jul 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
National Consultant for Public Private Partnership
WHO-RNTCP Technical Support Network,New Delhi
1. Position Vacant: National Consultant for Public Private Partnership, WHO-RNTCP Technical Support Network, Central TB Division, New Delhi
2. Organization Background:
The World Health Organization (WHO) was established in 1948 as a specialized agency of the United Nations. The objective of WHO is the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health. WHO's main function is to act as the directing and coordinating authority on international health work.
TheWHOCountryOfficeinIndia(WCO-India)provideswide-rangingpolicyinputsandtechnical assistancetotheMinistryofHealth&FamilyWelfare(MoHFW),intheareaofhealthandhealth systems, to support a range of health initiatives that include National Rural Health Mission, Universal Coverage, Polio Surveillance, TB Control, HIV/AIDS, Roll Back Malaria, Tobacco Free Initiative, Health Financing, Trade Agreements and Health, Non-communicable Diseases, Environment and Healthetc.
About Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program (RNTCP):
The Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP), based on the Directly Observed Treatment, Short Course (DOTS) strategy, began as a pilot project in 1993 and was launched as a national programme in 1997. Rapid RNTCP expansion began in late 1998 and nation-wide coverage achieved in 2006.
The RNTCP receives technical support and advice from the World Health Organization, whose mandate revolves around six core functions:
- Providing leadership on global health matters;
- Shaping the health research agenda;
- Setting norms and standards;
- Articulating evidence-based policy options;
- Providing technical support to countries, and;
- Monitoring and assessing health trends.
RNTCP has initiated early and firm steps for the achievement of its declared objective of ‘universal access to early quality diagnosis and quality TB care for all TB patients'. RNTCP is being implemented with decentralized services of TB diagnosis through 13,000+ designated microscopy centers and provision of free treatment across the nation through 400,000+ DOT centers.
WHO has been supporting RNTCP since its inception, working closely with the programme and partners, at both the national and state levels.WHO India provides policy inputs and technical assistance to Government of India’s (GoI’s), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) for tuberculosis (TB) control activities. In the 20 years since its inception in 1999, the WHO-RNTCPTechnical Support Network (TSN) has sought to strengthen RNTCP activities through technical support in planning, capacity building, training, evidence generation, surveillance and monitoring and evaluation.
India now has a national strategic plan 2017-2025, with ambitious targets and innovative strategies in alignment with the WHO-End TB Strategy, for the elimination of TB in India.
Currently, the WHO-RNTCPTSN has 15 National Consultants, who provide support at Central TB Division (CTD), New Delhi and 65 Consultants working in the field to link state and district programme units with national and international program strategy and operational and technical guidelines. The TSN supports the center and states with strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, capacity building, advocacy and operational research inputs.
With RNTCP seeking the more ambitious goal of ending TB by 2025, the TSN shall be expanded to 148 National and Field Consultants, to address additional technical assistance requirements.
For more information about RNTCP please visit https://tbcindia.gov.in/
3. Job Description/ Responsibilities:
The National Consultant for Public Private Partnershipshall provide technical assistance to CTDfor the development, piloting and the scaling-up of operational models for public-private partnerships, in RNTCP.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to CTDto ensure timely and complete reporting by various public private partnership projects. Also, facilitate the compilation and analysis of these reports at the national level;
- Promote the use of the Standards of TB Care in India (STCI) and assist in the development of additional tools and enablers, for the effective involvement of all care providers and stakeholders in RNTCP;
- Provide technical support to CTD for the monitoring and evaluation of public-private collaborative activities under RNTCP;
- Assist CTD and states in the procurement of services and contracting with implementation agency;
- Monitor and review the performance of the technical support agency and the implementing agency;
- Coordination with stakeholders for timely contracting, implementation and all payments under the contract;
- Design innovative models for the engagement of the private sector, to address the needs of patients outside the purview of the national health programme;
- Develop suitable contracting mechanismsand manage, implement and monitor the contracts executed;
- Capacity assessment of implementation agencies, ensuring the conduct of need-based capacity building programmes on strategic contracting process;
- Provide monthly updates and reports in the prescribed formats on activities, achievements, challenges and recommendations;
- Undertake any other activity related to technical assistance on public private partnership, as assigned by DDG (TB), in the interest of RNTCP and the TB Control Programme in India.
4. Qualifications, Experience And Competencies:
Qualification and Experience:
- Applicants must be graduates with a Post Graduate Degree,or Post Graduate Diploma, in Business Administration, Management, LLB/LLM, Materials Management,or equivalent, from a recognized University;
- Applicants must have a minimum of five years of experience of working in Economics or Finance/ Public Private Partnership/ Procurement of Services and Contracting, some of which must be at the national level;
- Experience in Contract Management/ Health Economics/ Healthcare Financing/Public Health Administration, shall be an advantage;
- Prior experience of working on government programmes/ projects is desirable.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal in English and Hindi), good editing skills, and ability to tailor communication materials for different audiences;
- Ability to influence and negotiate with individuals at all levels internally and externally;
- Ability to work with a virtual team with strong training, mentoring and feedback skills;
- Willingness to travel to programmatic areas as required.
5. Compensation Offered:
Gross compensation payable to the candidate selected for this post, at the time of joining WHO-RNTCPTSN, is budgeted at Rs. 150,800/- per month. TDS shall be deducted at the applicable rate.
6. Location: Central TB Division, New Delhi
7. Nature Of Appointment/ Contract Duration:
- The candidate selected shall be on the rolls of Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd. (SAMS), a respected HR Agency providing HR resources under third-party payrolling arrangements to WHO and other multilateral agencies, for the execution of government projects in India;
- SAMS shall issue short-term, project-specific, employment contracts to selected candidates, for a maximum period of one year or less, coinciding with the period of the payrolling contract issued by the Client. Employment contracts may be renewed for specified periods thereafter, subject to satisfactory performance, requirement and project continuation;
- The candidate appointed, as above, shall have no right to claim regular employment from SAMS, the Government, or WHO;
- The candidate selected shall have no claim for regular appointment from SAMS, the Government or WHO, or continuation of her/his services,under any other project.
8. Reference: NC-PPP-WRTSN
9. Contact Information:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
10. Last Date For Applications:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link http://wrtsnrecruitment.samshrm.com/ by or before July 22, 2019.
Please note that in case the candidate selected, comprises staff employed directly by the Govt./AB/ PSU, a No-Objection Certificate from the current employer, shall be required, at the time of appointment.
Age, qualification and experience, will be determined, as on the date of final interview.
Post Graduate Diplomas must be issued by a recognized institution on the conclusion of a full-time, two-year programme, to be eligible for consideration. Part-time, online, distance, short duration Post Graduate Diplomas, issued by a non-recognized institution, shall not be eligible for consideration.
WHO/ CTDreserves the right to increase or decrease the number of posts/ vacancies, or cancel the recruitment, or re-advertise posts/ vacancies, without assigning any reasons therefor.No correspondence shall be entertained, in this regard.
Canvassing and/or exerting pressure in any form for short listing, interview and selection, shall constitute grounds for disqualification and debarring from further consideration.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd