National Professional Officer (Health Information)
Organization: World Health Organization (WHO)
Apply By: 08 Oct 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. WHO are responsible for the World Health Report, the worldwide World Health Survey, and World Health Day
Position: National Professional Officer (Health Information)
Description of Duties:
Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Head of WHO Country Office and the direct supervision of Team Leader (Health Systems), with a view to achieve the expected results set out in the relevant WCO-India biennial workplan in accordance with the applicable WHO's Country Cooperation Strategy with India, as part of the WCO-India team working on Health Systems, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for the development of strategies, policies, systems and tools that enable the availability of actual and reliable health information and statistics to the MOH and other stakeholders
- Support the generation, analysis, use of health data for public health programs design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation by advising on quality assurance procedures throughout the data collection & management process and ensuring their accessibility, accuracy and timely production and making use of indicators to assess system performances and identify trends.
- Support capability development initiatives from the MoH and other stakeholders at both State & National levels, for the generation, compilation, analysis, use and interpretation of health related data for evidence-based policy and decision making.
- Contribute to the design and the management of national, integrated health information systems (e-Health), in collaboration and coordination with relevant counterparts in SEARO & HQ and interested stakeholders.
- Work closely with all technical programs staff, to generate health statistics and conduct health information reviews through design, development, and drafting of reports, briefing notes, website content, health dashboards, and other dissemination outputs to make sure that cross-cutting issues are addressed and to successfully and timely achieve goals & objectives in the area of health information.
- Represent WHO at meetings of national or state interest on health information systems, related surveys or programs such as Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS).
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential: First university degree in public health, health information management or related field is essential
Desirable: Advanced university degree in medical statistics, epidemiology, health information systems
Essential: At least 5 years in managing health information and monitoring and evaluation of public health programmes
Desirable: Familiarity with database applications; Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS), in particular vital statistics
The incumbent should identify with the core values of the World Health Organization.
- Thorough knowledge of the situation in India with regard to the health system, national policies and strategies. Good understanding of global and national commitments towards Universal Health Coverage and the Sustainable Development Goals. Very good knowledge of WHO policies, programmes and guidelines in the related areas. Good knowledge of the administrative functioning of government institutions and related departments/agencies and of the other partners in India.
- Sound technical and policy advisory skills, based on evidence. Public health leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and colleagues in a team setting at national and international levels, to share information and data and make oral and written presentations on technical issues. Very good ability to build and maintain relations and network with national authorities and other stakeholders across relevant sectors. Understanding of the potential motivating factors within national context and the ability to move forward and adjust to new approaches in an increasingly complex and changing environment
- Modern management skills (planning and evaluation, etc.). Capacity to prepare terms of reference and to prepare and monitor and manage the implementation of contractual agreements. Capacity to convey information and options in a structured and credible way; ability to speak and write clearly. Proficiency in computer applications and ability to draft reports
- Knowledge of WHO /UN agencies programmes and practices will be an advantage.
Use of Language Skills:
Essential: Expert knowledge of written and spoken English.
Desirable: Good command of other UN and /or UN local languages would be an asset
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at INR 2,169,109 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Closing Date: Oct 8, 2019 3:29:00 AM
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd