National Program Officer, Health Systems
Organization: Nutrition International
Apply By: 22 Aug 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Nutrition International, formerly the Micronutrient Initiative (MI), is an international not for profit agency based in Canada that works to eliminate vitamin and mineral deficiencies in developing countries. Micronutrient deficiency is a form of malnutrition and is a recognized health problem in many developing countries.
Position: National Program Officer, Health Systems
Location: New Delhi, India
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: INR 13, 25, 956.00
Responsible for providing technical support to the program and coordinate to strengthen the state government(s) in strengthening adolescent, maternal and child nutrition interventions. The officer is expected to represent NI on all related nutrition issues at various fora.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing the initial concept note, collate information reports, data, budgets and background materials for developing proposals in coordination with SPRs.
- Responsible for preparing Project Implementation Plan and detail program budget
- Responsible for organising half yearly review of PIP and recommend amendments in activities for consideration of the NPM
- Responsible for implementation and management of pilot/ demonstration projects or program in states not managed by SPR under the guidance of the NPM
- Provide inputs in monitoring plan and development of monitoring tools including functioning of web-based MIS
- Provide input into development of training module and IEC materials
- Assists NPM- Health Systems in preparation of annual donor reports Work under the technical guidance of the NPM-Health Systems, on strategic planning issues and operationalization of program in assigned states.
- Identify and implement innovative strategies to improve coverage and quality of program
- Responsible for regular review and monitoring of the program progress and tracking budget utilisation for assigned states;
- Responsible for overseeing timely payments and reimbursement of expenses of vendors as per norms
- Liaise with various State Government Departments, Local Organizations and other stakeholders of the NI program states in coordination with SPR.
- Represent the NI in meetings, working groups, conferences which have themes relevant to NI programming priorities, its delivery mechanisms and including coordination and organization of such meetings on behalf of NI when necessary.
- Provides inputs in orientation and training programs for field consultants hired by partner NGO or HR agency
- Responsible for organising the refresher training for the NGO staff and other consultants hired by the Accounting / HR firm Responsible in preparing RFQ in consultation with NPM and follow up for ensuring timely completion of procurement process including delivery of supplies and services; Take lead/assist in preparing proposals, evaluation, process documentation etc. which the MI will assign to third party from time to time.
- Provide input in preparation of grant agreements with identified local organizations for program activities.
- Compile coverage data from the program states on a regular basis and analyze the same in consultation with the NPM- Health Systems. Act as resource person within MI on HS issues and provide support to SPR on technical issues.
- Travel to program states for field visits, review meetings/meetings with stakeholders on a periodic basis.
- Document case studies/update of the program for sharing with government at state and national level
- Solve administrative and programmatic bottlenecks as they occur.
- Any other specific task assigned by the NPM – Health Systems as required
Qualification & Experience:
- A professional degree in medicine, nutrition, public health, and/or a related field
- At least 10 years of work experience (with 5 years in nutrition) in developing and implementing programs
Language Skills: Fluency in Hindi and English (Reading, Writing & Oratory Skills) is a prerequisite. Knowledge of other languages spoken in India would be an asset.
Travel Requirements: Frequent local and occasional travel to other countries
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- A result-oriented approach and proven ability to manage, track and coordinate complex multi-partner large-scale programs.
- Knowledge of the health/nutrition field in India
- Ability to network and negotiate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve the objectives of the program . The position will particularly require a strong ability to engage and negotiate with senior government officials at national and state level in India.
- Ability to assess programmatic risks and develop and manage effective mitigation strategies
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, mainly within India
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently and generate innovation
- Ability to develop and implement a communications strategy for the India program and to ensure its delivery
- Ability to use effectively tools and systems for financial planning and tracking (e.g. disbursement tracking systems)
- Good English writing and PPT preparation skills
- Good computer skills, including MS Office programs
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
Deadline: August 22, 2019.
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd