Apply By: 18 Jul 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the organization
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations. It works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity. It works internationally to help countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About the project
In close partnership with the Government of Haryana, India, the UN is establishing and operationalizing the United Nations Technology Innovation Lab (UNTIL) located in Hartron Multi Skill Development Centre at Gurugram, Haryana, India. The priority focus of the UNTIL Haryana Lab will be establishing partnerships with UN Funds and Programmes as well as Governments, Academia, NGOs and Private Sector leveraging technology to address SDGs challenges in the areas of Good Health and Wellbeing, Quality Education, Gender Equality, and Sustainable Cities and Communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, and in close cooperation with the UNTIL Haryana Lab Manager, the Office Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Handles a wide range of administrative duties/processes: e.g. extension of contracts, leave and attendance records, time sheets, all travel arrangements for the UNTIL staff, including visa formalities, expense statements, telecommunications charges, service and supply requisitions, conference room bookings, office space etc.
- Provides general office support services; processes, drafts, edits, proofreads and finalizes for signature/approval, a variety of correspondence and other communications; etc.; schedules appointments/ meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
- Liaises with Safety and Security for safety inspections of premises; reports and investigates accidents and recommends correction of safety or fire hazards.
- Plans acquisition and provision of commonly consumed items such as office supplies as well as software and hardware as required by the activities of UNTIL Lab.
- Assists the Lab manager on staff selection and recruitment related activities. Plans, schedules and coordinates written assessments and competitive recruitment examinations. Advises staff and selected candidates on visa procedures and requirements.
- Assists in all logistical and administrative arrangements for the meetings of the “UNTIL India Advisory Panel” as well as “UNTIL India Thematic Advisory Groups”.
- Maintains an automated database and the centralized reference and filing systems (paper and electronic).
- Answers phone calls, takes messages and directs where appropriate; posts notices/messages for all office staff and visiting missions
- Greets, assists and announces walk-in clients, vendors, and other visitors to the office in a courteous and professional demeanor
- Provides general information regarding the UNTIL and responds to routine inquiries from clients and members of the public in line with the UNTIL’s policies and management direction
- Maintaining office calendar and arrange meetings. Take minutes of meetings and keep the correspondence of the team well organized.
- Maintenance of procedures and updating relevant staff of new procedures and ensuring those are followed
- Maintenance of updated contact list of key counterparts and distributing updated lists to relevant staff
- Follows up on the preparation by staff of reports, correspondence, briefing notes and other documents for the supervisor's reference
- Assists the Lab manager on staff selection and recruitment related activities
- Assists in all logistical and administrative arrangements for the meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Incumbent is expected to undertake a variety of reception/administrative/operative tasks, and actively cooperate in team activities, responding to the needs of team members in office, as well as visitors to the office. The incumbent provides competent office support while working under frequent time pressures. Processes documents accurately and independently. Solves moderately complex problems. Ready to seek assistance from more experienced staff and learn from them.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a reputed University / Institution is required
- A degree/diploma in management would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in administrative services including programme planning, finance, accounting, human resources or related areas is required.
- Familiarity with UN Rules and regulations is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Hindi is required.
Remuneration package is INR 77,809/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance to its employees.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd