Apply By: 25 Sep 2019
Location: Srinagar(Jammu and Kashmir)
About the Organization:
UNICEF works in Across 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Appropriate and consistent interpretation and application of administrative, financial and procurement policies and procedures timely implemented to support operations at the state office:
- Provides practical input on implementation of administrative, financial and procurement guidelines, in close coordination with the head of office, programme and operations staff.
- Supports supervisor and the head of the office, and updates staff on programme and operations policies, procedures rules and regulation. Implements the appropriate application and interpretation of programme and operations rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Briefs and assists arriving and departing staff on basic administrative procedures and requirements.
- Contributes to recommendations on the improvement of internal controls systems considering the prevailing conditions in the locality.
- Keeps supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, prepares reports on operational matters as required.
- Provides operational support and services to the state office and out postings, where applicable, including preparation and funding of service contracts, preparations of purchase requisitions for all admin supplies and guidance on programme and operational procedures.
2. The budget preparation, monitoring and implementation are properly administered in programme and operations:
Assists head of the office in preparing estimates on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes. Assists office in the establishment and maintenance of operations services and budget.
3. Operational support services are timely and effectively provided, and security arrangements are well established for enhanced safety and security for staff and office premises:
Assists Chief of Field office in the establishment and maintenance security arrangements and related operational services.
4. Property management of office supplies, office equipment, vehicles and other properties is effectively performed:
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items, serving as ex-officio member to the Property Survey Board where applicable. Prepares Property Survey Board submissions and minutes of meetings.
- Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
5. All administrative, financial and procurement transactions and management of contracts satisfy the requirements as stipulated and follow the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations:
- Ensures that all operations transactions and management of contracts follow the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to the reviews of contractual arrangements related to administrative support (i.e. courier, premises maintenance, ancillary administrative support, vehicle maintenance, equipment maintenance etc.) to ensure that the terms and conditions of all contracts are being adhered to by providers of goods and services. Proposes to chief of field office any changes that may be required. Monitors payments against contractual obligations.
6. Staff capacity is enhanced through active staff learning/development programmes in administrative support and services
Develops training activities to ensure effective performance and efficiency in programme and operations services management. Implements effective staff learning and development programme activities for capacity building. Contributes to workshops for staff’s competency building, staff learning and development, career development.
7. Effective working relations are maintained with other UN agencies, local authorities and implementing partners.
Support effective working relations with other UN agencies, local authorities and implementing partners on issues relating to programme and operations matters through information exchange, collaboration, and harmonization. Cooperates with other UN agency counterparts in the One UN initiatives (including common services and premises agenda, etc.).
8. Performs any other duties and responsibilities assigned as required.
Completion of Secondary School, University level courses in administration, finance, or any other related field of discipline relevant to the job is an asset.
- 6 years of relevant professional work experience with both national and International work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
- Work experience in emergency duty station desirable.
Languages: Fluency in English and Hindi; local language and other UN languages desirable.
Closing Date: Wed Sep 25 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd