Operations Coordination Officer
Organization: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Apply By: 26 Aug 2019
About the Organization:
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines. ADB's missions are to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping their developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
Position: Operations Coordination Officer
Reference Number 190477
Position Level: NS 2
Department: South Asia Department
Division: India Resident Mission
Location: India Resident Mission
- The operations coordination officer will undertake strategic, operational and administrative tasks in support of INRM front office.
- The position provides all support required by front officers (Country Director [CD] and Deputy Country Director [DCD]) pertaining to but not limited to coordination on institutional issues with respect to work programming; streamlining of business processes and administrative support systems and procedures for the efficient management of the front office; enhancing internal communications and knowledge sharing as well as planning and monitoring utilization of the department's human and financial resources.
- The incumbent will report to the CD with close guidance of DCD.
- Assist in strengthening INRM country operations management systems in terms of strategy formulation/updates, pipeline building, project processing, portfolio management, capacity building, and management of personnel, finance, and administration
- Liaises with and supports HQ, Government agencies, development partners, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate high level missions for programming, project processing, and administration of ADB loans and TAs (both public and private sectors)
- Supports quality assurance of ADB documents prepared by INRM and communications with the government and other stakeholders at the INRM front office
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge base of future Government investment plans and approval processes organizational structure and policies relevant to the assigned sectors, and manage up-to-date information medium term project pipelines and 3-year business plan
- Helps organize, contributes to (e.g., preparation of presentation materials), supports, and participates in meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops, as well as key missions including country programming, tripartite portfolio review, and state level consultations.
- Monitors and controls annual forecasts of contract awards and disbursement, identifying factors responsible for shortfalls, and expediting achievements of target levels
- Monitors the implementation of ADB-financed projects and TAs delegated to INRM to ensure timely and effective implementation of agreed actions
- Prepares project performance reports
- Reviews internal procurement papers, internal papers and correspondences for extension of loan closing dates and reallocation of loan proceeds, and other portfolio documents
- Assist in managing the project completion reports (PCRs) and TA completion reports of the delegated projects, by (i) closely reviewing and advising on the contents of the draft PCRs and their compliance with the requisite standards, and (ii) helping establish archives of project impacts and lessons and PCR quality standards
- Supports close cooperation with other development partners and facilitate consultation with them, especially in respect to sector partnerships, as and when required.
- Performs any other duties, as needed, to help meet collective organizational goals of ADB
Relevant Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Operations Management or relevant fields . Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in the relevant area; and at least 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes
- Sound knowledge of Indian government's administrative systems and procedures, particularly public procurement systems
- Ability to research, analyze and check data from external and internal sources, reconcile or explain inconsistencies and perform statistical calculations.
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to identify issues and appropriate actions at the field office level
- Strong planning and organizing skills to handle many tasks with deadlines
- Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English
- Familiarity with local languages and institutions
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff Levels 1 - 2.
Duration: The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
Closing Date: Monday, August 26, 2019 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd