Operations Officer (Resource Mobilization & Partnerships)
Apply By: 12 Dec 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential - to the benefit of a better world
Job Title: Operations Officer (Resource Mobilization & Partnerships)
Purpose for the job:
The Operations function in RMP is a strategic Business Partner role, assuring the best use of UNICEF assets in alignment with sound management practices, office priorities and goals to deliver results for children.
As a Strategic Business Partner, the incumbent will be accountable for relevant operations functions within the RMP team to facilitate change, provide risk informed, solution-focused analysis, advice and services and contribute to fundraising and partnership activities for delivering results for children in specific operational contexts. The Operations Officer will accomplish this by:
- Facilitating services in the relevant functional areas of operations support: budget, financial management and reporting, administration, supply and logistics management, and safety and security;
- Understanding business needs for the office, to propose viable solutions aimed at value for money.
- Maintain and strengthen all elements of financial, budget, supply & logistics and administrative management for the Resource Mobilisation & Partnerships (RMP) team.
- Ensure that all necessary RMP inputs/updates in reports such as investment fund reports, QFS/PSP report, annual work plan, RAM, COAR and other reporting required of the RMP team are prepared in a timely manner with relevant and high-quality inputs.
- Ensure effective and ongoing contract management and on-time processing/payment of invoices, in conjunction with relevant RMP assistants.
- Provide accurate and consistent interpretation and application of operations policy and procedures implemented to support all operations and finance activities/functions in RMP.
- Provide effective technical input provided in strategic planning and policy recommendations in the area of operations and finance, taking initiative in improving and implementing operations management systems.
- Compliance with all operational systems and procedures effectively monitored and corrective measures taken as appropriate to ensure integrity in all financial and other administrative operations of the office.
- Establish and maintain effective coordination, communication, collaboration established and maintained with internal (including the Regional Support Centre in Bangkok, PFP Division in Geneva and various teams in New York) and external partners for efficient operations, invoicing, budgeting and payment processing.
- Supporting the RMP team during external and internal audit reviews, contributing with audit observations and monitoring implementation of recommendations.
- Support the creation and maintenance of Job Descriptions for all roles within the RM team
- Facilitating business transactions processed by GSSC from a perspective of Efficiency, Performance, Risk Management and Fraud prevention
- Supporting the management of PSFR operations, where applicable.
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
Valuing Money: Champion strategic resources to achieve organizational goals and ensure Value for Money (VfM)
- Support the financial oversight management, monitoring and reporting of the private sector fundraising budgets; make analysis and recommendations as needed.
- Support implementation of various modalities of valuing resources through financing modalities such as budgeting and pre-financing modalities for supplies, etc.
- Implement Supply plan for RMP and stay abreast of the regional strategies.
Valuing Risk Management: Enhance Risk Management to increase organizational performance and strengthen internal control
- Support the office with up-to-date information to make operational and financial risk informed decisions and improve performance, with the support of the enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance (eGRC) platform.
- Participate in review of internal controls and policies/guidance included in the Regulatory Framework, support appropriate implementation policies and procedures and provide feedback on policy and internal controls as appropriate.
- Support implementation mandatory anti-fraud systems, processes and actions, and share anti-fraud achievements within the office.
- Support mitigation of risks of engagement with external partners via appropriate, risk-informed due diligence.
Valuing Systems and Structures: Ensure further operational centralization and optimization for maximized efficiency gains
- Participate in the review of Operations processes and recommend measures to minimize cost, reduce duplication of work and maximize efficiencies while creating an environment of smarter controls to render the organization ready to respond to programme needs.
- Contribute to improving IT-enabled business processes to increase productivity and collaboration, better knowledge management, and ensure effective use of UNICEF assets.
- Provide contribution to CPMP and review operational structures in collaboration with Regional Chiefs of Operations and the Strategic Business Support unit in DFAM.
Valuing Partners and Suppliers: Strengthening internal and external-facing partnerships and leveraging UNICEF’s oversight and understanding of financial management across all areas of the office.
- Provide technical support and recommendations on budgets, procurement, contracting, invoicing and financial reporting.
- Support UNICEF Office resource mobilization partners from donor negotiation and formulation of partnership agreements and contracts through written financial reporting, resolve discrepancies and ensure donor accountability and transparency.
- Contribute to UNICEF Office resource mobilization through programme proposals, written financial reporting, and analysis of discrepancies.
- Contribute to developing private sector partnerships especially in middle income countries.
- Engage as stakeholders in the UN Reform, facilitating Business Operating Services (BOS) and proactively paving the way for a potential “one back office” in country offices.
A University Degree (Bachelor’s) in one of the following areas is required:
- Business management
- Financial management
- Public Finance
- Related operations function (Supply Chain, Human Resources, Information Technology, International Business, Project management, etc.)
- A professional license from internationally recognized institutions is an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience, at the national and/or international level, is required, specifically in one or more similar management area including budget; financial management and reporting; supply and logistics management; etc.
- Experience in a UN system agency, large private or public company, or experience working in a developing country and/or humanitarian/ emergency context is an asset.
- For country offices with a significant private sector fundraising operation, prior experience working with or in the private sector, and supporting private sector fundraising, is an asset.
- Experience in working with corporate ERPs (Enterprise Resource Planning) and IPSAS (International Public Sector Accounting Standards) is highly desirable.
- Experience in supporting successful client-oriented work units is an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
Closing Date: Thu Dec 12 2019 11:25:00 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd