Partnerships Specialist (Marketing Partnerships)
Apply By: 25 Sep 2019
About the Organization:
UNICEF works in Across 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential - to the benefit of a better world
Job Title: Partnerships Specialist (Marketing Partnerships)
Purpose for the job:
The purpose of the Corporate Fundraising unit is to drive income growth from the corporate sector as part of an integrated corporate engagement strategy. Income growth will come from two sources: i) the renewal and growth of existing in-country and multi-country partnerships, ii) the development of new strategic partnerships.
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
- In close coordination with the Corporate Partnerships Manager and direct supervision of Fundraising Specialist, prospect, outreach, cultivate, pitch and negotiate with companies, aiming at generating additional income and value through national and regional and sub-regional alliances throughout the full pipeline cycle and throughout the full value spectrum (estimated income of above $100,000, up to $500,000 and multi-million).
- Manage the process to secure cause-marketing, customer and employee fundraising and other modalities of partnerships that deliver both on income, brand building, advocacy, and programmes and other strategic goals for UNICEF in India.
- Map the appropriate list of companies for which partnerships that leverage the UNICEF brand would be an attractive proposition. Build a set of prospect list adequate for Cause Marketing, Customer Fundraising and Employee Fundraising. In addition, identify the right potential partner that can support UNICEF India efforts in building its pledge donors as well as other kind of supporters. Coordinate outreach with Fundraising colleagues in the Partnerships team, especially other new business corporate partnerships colleagues.
- Conduct enough outreach meetings that allows to the right conversion to partnership. These meetings can be conducted in person, remotely or delegating them to other UNICEF India colleagues present in different States. Reporting monthly on progress against new business pipeline and income targets (including number of first meetings and number of prospects in active partnership discussions)
- Deliver presentations, pitches and manage meetings with key corporate stakeholders (like Marketing, Communications and Operation managers).
- Through interaction with the business sector, identify value to business in partnerships that use marketing as a key strategy. Develop materials that demonstrate business case to Corporates in the different modalities while looking for efficiencies in the further management of these.
- Liaising with UNICEF PFP Due Diligence, legal and communication teams to ensure screening, proposal review and contracting is undertaken effectively.
- Negotiate the best deal for children while ensuring sustainability and manage all legal process.
- Build learning’s from all interactions and engagements with the business sector and incorporate in the Corporate Partnerships strategy in UNICEF India.
- Providing inputs to Fundraising Specialist to ensure successful corporate fundraising strategy, plan and results
- Perform any other tasks, as required.
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Marketing, Business Administration, Social sciences, Fundraising or equivalent
- A first university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in negotiating and cultivating relations with external corporate partners, either in the public or the private sector.
- Familiarity with Corporate fundraising and/or Corporate Engagement would be an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
Closing Date: Wed Sep 25 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd