Program Assistant - Admin
Organization: Room To Read
Apply By: 10 May 2019
About The Organization:
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children their innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools in low-income countries during two time periods that are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education
The Girl’s Education Program is currently operating in 7 States across India – Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, New Delhi, Uttarakhand, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Specifically, the program seeks to achieve increased years of schooling for girls and increase girls’ self-awareness, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
The Program Assistant (Admin) position is a part of Girls' Education program (GEP) team, will be based out of field office or State office (ideally the field office) as per need and this position will be reporting to the Program Associate, GEP. The position will perform varied day to day administrative functions, raise purchase requests, provide support in tracking expenses, make logistical arrangements, maintain stock registers and implements administrative policies. Sources refreshments for life sills sessions and mentoring and family and community engagement and keeps track of materials used and still in stock.
He/she would also be responsible to execute and coordinate GEP operations such as meetings, conferences, workshops, and/or special event. Should be willing to travel as and when required.
Program and Financial Management:
- Manage, execute and track GEP program implementation based on the annual plans and program strategy and in coordination with RtR State office (SO).
- Regular tracking of budget and expenses and ensuring utilization as per plan and legal compliances
- Organizing and facilitating events and meetings with community, parents, girls and teachers.
- Adherence to RtR procurement policy, timely procurement and distribution of material support to girls.
- Implement strategies to strengthen relationships with key stakeholders including government officials in consultation with RtR SO.
- Explore and secure new resources that would benefit girls, community and the overall program.
- Work closely with government school staff, government officials at block and district level for ensuring quality program implementation and in consultation with RtR SO.
- Provide on the job support to social mobilisers (of RtR and PNGO’s) and ensure necessary coordination and support among them.
- Manage and oversee work of social mobilisers (of RtR and PNGO’s)
- Conduct regular planning and review meetings with the team
- Conduct goal setting, performance reviews of (RtR Social Mobilisers) in consultation with the RtR SO
- Mange field team attendance and leave records of ( RtR Social Mobiliser)
Monitoring and evaluation:
- Conduct regular visits to school, project locations during ongoing activities for regular monitoring as per plan finalized and submit report in desired format
- Review and oversee various base records related to all program activities of RtR and PNGOs led activities and ensure compliance. Document good practices and success stories and case studies for the program.
- Support in verification of data to be entered in online software (GSD)
Reporting and Documentation:
- Collection and compilation of Monthly Program Report and Quarterly Progress Report from field staff and ensure its timely submission to RtR SO.
- Work closely with the PNGOs in preparing and submitting on time their Quarterly Financial Report and Annual Utilization Certificate.
- Supporting State level activities and priorities
- Serve as primary liaison between field staff and RtR State office
- Liaison with block/ cluster level officials for ensuring smooth and timely implementation of the program
- Coordinate site visits for SO, CO, GO/RO, donors and potential program donors.
- Assist RtR SO in conducting research planned for the year.
- Participating in meetings, thematic trainings etc. conducted by RTR at state/country level.
- Participate and support any activities/workshops with government officials and school staff.
- Attending monthly review meeting at the PNGO level, Periodic Review Meetings at RtR SO level.
- Under taking logistical work relating to the program.
- Any other task assigned by the RtR to fulfill the objectives of GEP Program.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate in any Discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Ability to travel frequently within the states
- Ability to perform multi-task
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work without close supervision.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Strong negotiation skill
- Fluency in Marathi language is a must
- Flexible attitude towards changing priorities and ability to multi-task with an eye for detail.
- Strong initiative skill and proactive and solution oriented.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd