Program Coordinator - SARI-EI
Organization: Integrated Research and Action for Development (IRADe)
Apply By: 20 Sep 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Integrated Research and Action for Development (IRADe) a fully autonomous non-profit advanced research institute, which aims to do research and policy analysis, train people and be a hub network in energy, environment & climate Change. IRADe wishes to hire candidates in the field of agricultural economics, rural development, renewable energy and water projects
About SARI/EI program:
South Asian Regional Initiative for Energy Integration SARI/EI program is to advance regional energy integration and increase cross-border energy trade in eight South Asian Countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka & Maldives). IRADe is implementing partner for fourth and final phase (2012-1017) of SARI/Energy Integration (SARI/EI) program through a Co-operative Agreement with USAID. For more details of the program please check the website http://www.sari-energy.org.
This is a full-time position under USAID SARI/EI Program and will provide substantial managerial support to the Project Director in managing and implementing the program. The incumbent will co-ordinate with - Project Steering Committee, Task Forces, think tanks, Concerned Ministries of SA nations, Regulators, bilateral and multilateral funding agencies for consensus building for Cross Border Electricity Trade (CBET) amongst South Asian countries.
She/he will have to travel to South Asian countries to conduct meetings/workshops serving as a program representative. She/he will also have to co-ordinate with Task Forces, -Project Steering Committee, USAID representative and other key stakeholders to implement program activities as needed. She/he will also help manage the consultants doing analytical studies, to ensure deliverables are of high quality and deadlines are met and will ensure implementation of strategies for enhancing program outreach through engagement with key stakeholders (government, public and private sector).
- To coordinate the different elements of the SARI/EI program – Issues covered under three task forces, Analytical studies, Think Tank Forum, and Communication and Outreach. The candidate will work closely with the Project Director to provide a cohesive approach and representation to different stakeholders.
- To develop networks within the relevant stakeholders in South Asian countries and think Tank Forum for promoting the agenda of SARI/EI program.
- To coordinate with TF members, oversee the development of agenda and prepare for the meetings, national and international events (conference, workshops & seminars) under SARI/EI program, Project Steering Committee meetings and Task Force meetings with required support from the admin team.
- Develop partnerships and relationship with regional stakeholders such as SAARC, BIMSTEC, ASEAN, for strategic collaboration to contribute to SARI/EI objectives.
- To promote and implement strategies for various activities of SARI/EI for wider dissemination.
- Guide the process of coordination of preparation of policy briefs, background papers covering power sectors for the South Asian countries.
- Work closely with the Think Tank and devise a strategy to push the agenda of SARI/E in partner countries in South Asia.
- Take the lead in coordinating with the Think Tank Forum on studies, media campaigns and review the work undertaken by TTF
- To be responsible for branding and marking and related design compliances as required by USAID for SARI/EI program.
- Responsible for submission of periodic technical, financial and administrative progress reports (QPR, - as required by the USAID.
- To co-ordinate with USAID officials, USAID country coordinators and shall ensure USAID compliance requirements as per co-operative agreement.
- To meet the target as per annual work plan and to implement Project Monitoring Evaluation Plan.
- To aggregate all reports, minutes etc. and consolidate overall SARI/EI progress reports.
- Any other assignments based on the requirement for success of the SARI/EI program Reporting to –Project Director, SARI/EI.
Personal Profile and Skills Required:
- At least Master’s degree in economics, commerce, science, environment, energy, or social science.
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience.
- Experience of working in the energy sector and specially handling similar projects would be preferred.
- Past experience of working with multi-stakeholders, including government, multi-lateral and bilateral agencies, would be added advantage.
- Sound interpersonal skills with strong analytical and conflict resolution skills
- Strong networking skills with experience of building consensus
- Exceptional negotiator with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with USAID projects would be preferred
Remuneration: Will be commensurate with experience and expertise.
Last Date: 20.09.2019.
Interested and eligible candidates may apply with a cover letter, detailed CV with recent photograph, comprising of past experience and three references. Please send the information at firstname.lastname@example.org with a position code: IRADe/2018/SARI/PC as subject.
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd