Organization: Vihara Innovation Network
Apply By: 31 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Job Description: Program Lead
Vihara is a human centered driven social impact enterprise. Our work involves working on some of the most pressing challenges in Public Health such as Immunization, Quality of care, Maternal & Child health. Vihara works along the complete cycle of innovation - from using ethnographic research to gather behavioural insights, designing innovative solutions to address complex systemic challenges, to working with relevant partners to create implementation pathways for ideas to become real and aid uptake of innovations.
Vihara’s has a strong theory of impact oriented towards improving quality of care in public health. We are an extremely agile organization, with roles and functions that cut across disciplines, and are looking for people who are comfortable handling multiple responsibilities, have a managerial bent of mind, and most importantly who are as dedicated as us in achieving meaningful social impact.
Vihara is currently looking for an experienced Program Lead, who can steer a project, manage client relationships, collaborate with partners and provide direction and guidance to project teams. We are seeking people who thrive on demanding but rewarding work and are passionate about driving forward social development and impact.
The project we are staffing for involves qualitative field research, learning & evaluation, and working with a major CSR donor, along with a consortium of partners. The focus of the project is improving nutrition indicators in tribal areas of Maharashtra.
Designation: Program Lead
Experience: 6-10 years
Joining : Immediate
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of Experience as a Researcher in the field of Public Health, specifically the RMNCH+A spectrum.
- Experience working with clients such as large donor agencies and CSRs, and capabilities in managing client relationship.
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong understanding of Qualitative Research methodologies with the ability to develop and utilise appropriate methods and tools to the inquiry for a high quality research.
- Demonstrated experience collecting, classifying, analyzing, and interpreting both primary and secondary data in an efficient and effective way, and presenting the findings in a clear and coherent manner.
- Experience in conducting research in low resource rural settings and would be interested in sustaining this hands-on fieldwork approach.
- Ability to take a lead in managing and delivering research projects, from scoping through to completion, including efficient resource allocation, guiding the team and developing client relationships;
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage a range of audiences, stakeholders, funders and partners.
- Proven track record in delivering research projects to meet funders’ requirements, including to time and quality expectations, within budget.
- Experience working on innovation oriented projects, and an understanding of the innovation process.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Design, lead, and manage multiple research and development programmes and projects across the breadth of Vihara’s strategic priorities. This includes liaising with clients, the management of resources (including management of researchers and associates), and ensuring work is delivered to time and quality expectations, and within budget
- Managing a multidisciplinary team of researchers, designers & implementation oriented people. Provide them with direction, mentorship, while also resolving conflicts and ensuring timely delivery of work.
- Proactively engaging with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that programmes and projects are designed, delivered and disseminated to maximum impact and effect.
- Lead on the production of research and policy reports, as well as internal documents, including the development of conclusions and policy & practice recommendations.
- Support business development functions, in collaboration with other Vihara staff, including leading and contributing to research proposals.
- Experience working with design teams, and an understanding of the HCD design & innovation process
- Experience working with marginalized communities in rural India
- Published papers on your Research work in Public Health, especially RMNCH+A
Interested candidates can email their resume, writing samples, and / or portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the subject line as “Program Lead”.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd