Program Manager (PM), Project Sankalp
Organization: Avanti Fellows
Apply By: 01 Jul 2019
Location: Rewari(Haryana) Hisar(Haryana) Mahendragarh(Haryana)
About Avanti Fellows
Avanti was established in 2010 to help improve college access for disadvantaged students. Our programs focus on improving Math and Science learning in Government school systems across India. Avanti has long-standing MoUs with the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, the Chennai Municipal Corporation and the Government of Haryana through which we work with over 3,000 students.
Avanti’s work has been recognised through the Ashoka Fellowship, the Echoing Green Fellowship and the Draper Richards Kaplan Fellowship. Our work is supported by India’s most reputed foundations and CSR initiatives including the Tata Trusts, Tata Motors, Volkswagen and GAIL.
About Project Sankalp
The Government of Haryana has collaborated with Avanti to impart Blended Learning Science and Mathematics program in Grade IX- XII Science and Mathematics by integrating with the ICT (information and communication technology) platform. The aim of the project is to convert 160 Hindi medium and 59 English medium government schools into model centers of excellence by bringing about pedagogical and systemic change, using existing government personnel and resources.
Role and Responsibilities
The role would involve managing different aspects of the project in 20-25 schools (within assigned districts) including coordination with school teachers and Principals/School Heads, District and Block Level Officials to ensure all schools are able to run Blended Learning classrooms as required.
Each Program Manager would manage all program activities pertaining to his/her region and support and report to a Senior Program Manager (SPM) to ensure smooth functioning of the project in his/her respective zone. Below is a detailed list of major activities that a PM would be expected to manage:
- Conduct school visits regularly for on-ground support in running the program which involves but not limited to classroom observations and teachers’ support. Coordinate with Principals to ensure smooth implementation of Avanti program
- Coordinate with District/Block Officials to ensure visits are conducted reports are regularly updated
- Run academic helpline and regular check-ins with teachers in assigned districts to ensure smooth communication with School Principals and teachers
- Coordinate with Senior Program Manager/ District/Block Level Officials for smooth implementation of assessments including appointment of invigilators, sending and receiving OMRs/question papers, etc.
- Analysing Data based on school visits and assessments to track progress
- Prepare monthly progress/update reports for assigned districts flagging off and following up on issues
- Support Senior Program Manager in overall project planning and implementation activities such as
○ Organizing Training sessions for various govt. personnel including DEOs, BEOs, Principals and Teachers
○ Ensuring all study materials (video lectures, printed workbooks etc.) reach schools in time
- Support Senior Program Manager in any other intermediate activities/issues to ensure smooth functioning of the program throughout, working in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders within his/her region
- Create an active learning community in the assigned region for sharing best practices and knowledge amongst schools
- Conduct Program Orientation for Principals, Teachers and Block Officers
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Science / Economics / Development or Social Studies / Statistics, or related field & experience
- Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills. Command over written and spoken English and Hindi.
- Willingness to travel at least 80% of the time in specific months at the state/district/block level in program geographies
- Supervisory experience and management and team building skills, especially in a multicultural setting
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Attention to Detail
- Experience in preparing proposals and reports in English
- Experience in Government projects in the development sector is preferable
- Degree in Science/ Mathematics preferable
- Able to communicate effectively in Hindi and English
- Teaching Experience preferable
- Willingness to relocate in Mahendergarh/Rewari/Sonipat/Bhiwani/Hisar.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position
CTC: 4,00,000 to 4,50,000 Lpa
The salary will vary on the basis of individual candidate profile and interview performance.
Joining date: Immediate
Apply to email@example.com
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd