Organization: Urban Management Centre
Apply By: 01 May 2019
About the Organization:
UMC started as ICMA’s project office in South Asia in 1997 and was registered as an independent organization in 2005. UMC is an affiliate partner of ICMA (International City/County Management Association).UMC provides technical assistance and support to city governments and facilitate change through peer-to-peer learning processes. With their understanding of adult learning pedagogies, capacity building and training, we work towards building individual and systemic capacities of cities.
Name of position: Program Manager, Ahmedabad (2 Positions)
- Review and verify guidelines for NULM and SBM undertake needs analyses of the sanitation sector in urban India.
- Assess suitability of options available to urban local bodies in sanitation technologies, processes, protocols and finances, and suggests recommendations
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports; developing databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies to optimize sanitation service delivery.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns through various sanitation data including the service level benchmarks, SBM, AMRUT and other missions of the central and state governments
- Undertake sanitation related training needs assessment in coordination with the team’s capacity building specialist at central, state and city levels.
- Work with the team members to incubate and support enterprises in sanitation across the value chain.
- Bring lessons from data analysis by other missions of the Government of India, and work to incorporate the best practices from the case studies in the program
- Work closely with other team members for the development of appropriate structure for sanitation database management at the central, state and city level MIS.
- Design templates and formats for state and local authorities for seeking data in a structured manner.
- Coordinate component specific inputs and expertise from the client, donors, home office (UMC head office) and partners in a collaborative fashion
Qualifications and Experience:
- An advanced degree in urban planning / environmental, management planning / civil engineering / social sciences / urban poverty / public policy / or similar with experience in sanitation.
- Computer proficiency related to database management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in government/ semi-government/ autonomous organizations/ NGOs/ private company of repute
- Experience of working in a ministry of national government will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of relevant context, issues of water, sanitation, livelihood development and urban poverty.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Hindi, and clarity in communication.
- Strong ability to host multi-disciplinary team of experts/ consultants and facilitate oral and written communication.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with the staff of government institutions.
- Willingness to travel within India and outside India on need basis.
- Experience in developing user manuals with subject focus.
Interested candidates should send an email with subject “application for (name of position applying for)” to firstname.lastname@example.org along with their CV, and references of 3 persons.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd