Program Officer (Acute Encephalitis Syndrome)
Apply By: 31 Jul 2019
Location: (Uttar Pradesh)
About the organization
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has a strong presence in – Uttar Pradesh with multiple programs in Neglected Tropical Diseases, Tuberculosis, Maternal Newborn Child Health & Nutrition portfolio and is now looking strengthening its operations in the state. PATH is seeking a Program Officer in UP. This position will report to the technical leader for the portfolio and to the State Lead NTD & Malaria
PATH is providing technical support to Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) for improved AES case management at government health facilities, strengthening the process for identification, early referral to health facilities designated as ETCs in the 7 highest risk Eastern UP districts of Gorakhpur and Basti division. Based on the request of GoUP. PATH will expand this support to additional 11 districts reporting JE and AES.
Location: Gorakhpur, U.P
Public Health Portfolio:
- Lead and supervise the work undertaken by PATH for its AES portfolio in the project intervention district.
- Participate in the development and evolution of the overall PATH India AES portfolio and Strategy in intervention district
- Work on any other task assigned as per the project requirement by the project team in Delhi
- Participate in meetings, and other events ensuring that PATH is represented in key Stakeholder conversations locally.
- Collaborate with Key District Health authorities (CMO, ACMO, DMO, District magistrate, Divisional commissioner and partners) for successful implementation of the AES projects and share the progress of activities.
- Manage critical relationships with Government and stakeholders including partners
- Review of the disease specific situation and recommend appropriate strategies before the District Health Society meetings
- Regular analysis of case data (district wise) and sharing with district health authorities, partners and project management unit.
Neglected Tropical Disease Program:
- Responsible for providing strategic direction and implementation of project(s) design. Technical guidance for execution of project(s) strategies and work plan ensuring successful projects in accordance with project deliverables and success criteria.
- Lead and supervise the project teams comprising of District coordinators, block monitors (BMs) of the specific projects.
- Establishing links with the private hospitals and practitioners for referral of AES cases to ETCs for managing case
- Travel extensively to the project blocks/districts to ensure the implementation of the project activities
- Experience working in Public Health Programs.
- Excellent management skills, managing individual and team performance effectively managing/resolving conflict.
- Proficient in computers with knowledge of MS-Office applications viz. Excel; Word and PowerPoint and internet is essential.
- Ability to work with people with divergent points of view and to respectfully navigate differences.
- Excellent analytical, negotiating and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with Government officials and Partners
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, work independently, and maintain a high level of accountability.
- 3 + years of working experience in public health programs.
- Work experience in Uttar Pradesh would be preferred.
- Prior work experience in neglected tropical diseases and surveillance will be an asset
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Program officer will work in coordination with various government program officers at the district level.
- Strengthen the intra and inter departmental coordination on program planning & implementation, monitoring, supervision and data sharing;
- Support in strengthening data management process in coordination with IDSP for evidence-based program implementation;
- Need based capacity building of the program managers and support staff at District level.
- Facilitate training of medical officers & paramedical personnel on AES management, referral, and prevention and control
- Will represent PATH in all forums/ meetings and platforms at District level
- Travel to AES project districts for supervision and monitoring of the program implementation as and when necessary;
- Will provide regular updates and feedback to the Director NTD&M, PATH at Delhi;
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned;
- MBBS with a postgraduate degree in Public health (MD, PSM/MPH)
- 3 years + of working experience in public health programs.
Location of work: Project Intervention District in UP and may be relocated to anywhere as per programmatic requirement.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd