Programme Associate/ Senior Associate
Organization: Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE)
Apply By: 24 Oct 2019
About the Organization:
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) is a non-profit research organization based in India, which generates interdisciplinary knowledge to inform policy and practice in conservation and sustainable development. For over two decades, ATREE has worked on social and environmental issues at local to global levels, and is now recognized as one of the top 20 think-tanks on the environment, globally.
Position: Programme Associate/ Senior Associate - Research Synthesis Centre for Social and Environmental Innovation
ATREE’s new Centre for Social and Environmental Innovation (CSEI), is designed to capitalize on the organisation’s deep domain knowledge in ecology, environment and development, in order to innovate solutions that tackle socio-environmental problems at scale. The Centre's mission is to catalyse social innovation and foster collaboration by connecting consumers, social entrepreneurs and communities, and providing them with programming such as societal platforms, workshops, competitions and mentorship opportunities to accelerate their impact.
They are looking for a highly motivated associate, who can synthesize research to inform the design of interventions to transform markets, spur social entrepreneurship, and improve decision-making. The position will contribute to research in CSEI’s focus areas on invasive management, food futures, and naturescaping.
The job will help the interdisciplinary team at CSEI to translate existing research and knowledge into meaningful impact.
The job will entail:
- Collaborating with team members to determine the nature and scope of the studies/research required for CSEI projects and initiatives.
- Reviewing existing research both internally (within ATREE) as well as by others
- Applying quantitative and qualitative research methodologies to analyse and interpret research data to produce succinct, usable synthesis products.
- Synthesizing knowledge from research to produce background documents, reports on the state-of-the-art/practice, presentations, and other products as required.
- Post Graduate degree in any environmental field; engineering degree preferable for certain specific projects.
- 5+ years of professional experience with quantitative research, analytical skills, including knowledge synthesis and report writing
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, construct, interpret and present data effectively and coherently to both technical and non-technical/non-specialist audiences.
- Strong written and oral communications skills. Visual communication skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to organise work, manage time, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Commitment towards sustainability and social inclusion as values
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd