Programme Coordinator – Essential Services
Organization: Oxfam India
Apply By: 07 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 21 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer. To know more about Oxfam India please visit: www.oxfamindia.org
Job Title Programme Coordinator – Essential Services
Department Policy, Research & Campaigns
Location New Delhi
Reports To Inequality Campaign Lead
Scope of Position
The incumbent will anchor the work on issues of Governance and inequality in education as part of Oxfam India’s Essential Services/Inequality team. . More specifically, the incumbent will
- Contribute to development and delivery of Oxfam India’s policy positions, programmes and advocacy strategies on education and inequality in line with campaign priorities at global and national levels.
- Deepen the work with existing networks on education and inequality as well as support the development of other networks and alliances for the work on inequality
- Contribute to resource mobilization towards realizing thematic & organisational goals & objectives
- Support national and sub-national advocacy of Oxfam India staff, partners and allies in the country working on issues of governance and inequality in education
- Strengthen link between policy/campaigns/advocacy (national and international) and grass roots programming and two-way flow of knowledge between grass roots and national and international levels.
- Contribute to Oxfam’s global campaign and advocacy around education, inequality and essential services.
- Contribute to the Essential Services strategy formulation processes, specifically in the context of education and inequality
- Work with Regional teams to develop and deliver state level strategies
- Ensure that gender and social diversity analysis is applied across all levels of planning and delivery.
Advocacy and Campaigning
- Support the Lead Specialist Essential services in establishing and strengthening alliances with national and international networks of key stakeholders working on education and inequality
- Undertake advocacy with concerned government duty bearers and support regional teams in undertaking the above
- Develop public communication materials in coordination with the Campaigns and Communication Teams.
- Track research being undertaken on issues of concern to Oxfam India and draw knowledge from the programmatic and advocacy experience to support policy advocacy and program development
- Mobilise and coordinate internal and external financial and other resources to implement agreed strategies and plans, along with Oxfam India’s Fundraising team.
- Work with Oxfam regional offices to manage relationship with programme partners and ensure programme quality
- Monitor, produce and compile regular reports such as donor reports & quarterly progress reports and updates on the implementation of the campaigns along with the regional offices
- Manage Delhi based and national partnerships
Skill and Competence
- Master’s degree, preferably in social sciences or similar disciplines.
- Should be fluent in English, and have good working knowledge of another Indian language, preferably Hindi.
- Computing skills (should be fluent in MS Office, especially Word and Excel and electronic communication).
- 6 years of experience in a similar job, and experience of handling multi-state interventions.
- Excellent networking skills with different stakeholders especially with civil society networks and alliances. An understanding of the education sector will be an advantage.
- Good networking, consensus building and brokering skills and the ability to build strong, credible and personal relationships with influential advocacy contacts and civil society alliances.
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams and networks towards action. Have strong communication and people’s skills – ability to manage and work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Experience and knowledge of project cycle management (formulation, monitoring and evaluation of cooperation projects and programmes).
- Knowledge of the socio-economic and political context of the country, especially in terms of its impact on youth and education sector.
- Public policy advocacy, network building and campaign experience is highly desirable.
- Experience of writing blogs, newsletters, and articles in journals is desirable.
- Knowledge and skills in financial analysis and management in highly desired.
- Results oriented and have good planning, management and organisation skills – should be a self-starter.
During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India.
The Program Coordinator is required to travel extensively in India to support partners, contribute to the design, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs and undertake Oxfam alignment activities as required. It is a condition of employment that staff abides by Oxfam India security and safety protocols, policies and procedures.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd