Organization: Sambhaavnaa, Kumud Bhushan Educational Society
Apply By: 20 Jun 2019
Location: (Himachal Pradesh)
Job title: Program Coordinator
Deadline: 20th June 2019
The Sambhaavnaa Institute in Palampur has been working to provide a platform for sociopolitical education amongst those concerned with social transformation, and with understanding the nuances of the larger processes at a social level, since 2011-12, especially the youth and young activists.
The focus of the team here has been on creating an alternative space for reflection and collective critical thinking through a variety of workshops. In the last few years, especially since 2014, we have seen the Institute grow in terms of the quality and nature of workshops – which range from issue-based and perspective-building to skill-based workshops. The programs are residential and geared towards building a precise imagination, critical thinking skills, and a political consciousness.
There is more to be done though – outreach wise as well as conceptualizing the processes and content of our workshops, and the pedagogical methods. This requires a dedicated team of people working with a common vision as well as a motivation for thinking through ideas through the realm of political and social. To read more about our vision and programs, visit here.
We are looking to add a team member for the position of ‘Program Coordinator’. The roles and functions would be around convening and coordination of programs; and the individuals are expected to be based here at the campus.
Program Conceptualization, Planning, Coordination, Execution and Review:
- Take initiative in organizing networking and brainstorming meetings for ideas for future programs.
- Identifying and coordinating with program collaborators and resource persons.
- Participate in discussions and drafting of the larger vision and concept of programs, their structure, design, budget, outcomes with program leads/team/collaborators.
- Participate in outreach: help programs team in collecting and generating contacts, generate resource material for outreach, and potential travel for outreach collectively.
- Participant selection and engagement
- Take a lead in Feedback and Review Process during and after the programs – with participants and resource persons. Documenting and generating program reports/review notes.
- Program Resource Material: Generating, updating and organizing
- Content creation for Social media and website – a fondness for writing is an essential trait we’re looking for.
Age: Applicants should be between the age group of 28 to 40 years old.
The candidate should have a minimum experience of five years, working with either social movements, or advocacy groups, or peoples’ media, or NGOs (non-CSR) or working on issues related to social, political, & environmental justice in any capacity.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd