Programme Manager, Circular Economy
Apply By: 20 Oct 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for them. They provide expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Position: Programme Manager, Circular Economy
Job ID: 26335
This initiative is designed to minimize negative impacts and risks to environment and to human health in India, by enhancing sustainable Plastic Waste Management practices, through a socio-technical model (segregation/collection/ recycling) while ensuring compliance with regulations, to improve use of resources and in line with Swacch Bharat Mission in India; in this project the waste pickers (Safaii Mitras) will be institutionalized with respective governance mechanisms and attain improved social conditions. Project’s targets at the end of period are, to better manage an amount more than 85,000 MT/year of plastic waste and to improve socio-economic conditions of 30,000 plus Safaii Mitras. To achieve the project objective and outcomes, the project is structured in 4 components: Component 1: Aims to develop support and implement an economically sustainable model (ESM) for packaging plastic waste management. This component focuses on developing and implementing the model at 50 selected cities in different States
The Programme Manager will be responsible for setting up and operationalization of processes and systems to ensure timely initiation, efficient and accountable implementation of project activities. S/he will ensure that the project produces the results specified in the Project Document and other documents to the required standards of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. For this, s/he will need to ensure that the project delivers on its objectives with achievable work plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the effective implementation and strategic direction of UNDP programme
- Management of the CO programme and supervision of the Programme
- Strategic partnerships and support to resource mobilization
- Provision of top-quality advisory services to the Government and facilitation of knowledge building and management
1) As a member of the CO management team, ensures the effective implementation of the Country Programme and supports the strategic direction of UNDP focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contributes to the analysis of the political, social and economic situation in the country and collaborative preparation/revision of UNDAF, CPD, Project document and other documents
- Identification of strategic programme areas of cooperation
- Operationalization of UNDAF/ CPD in collaboration with the main partners and other UN Agencies. Identification of possibilities for joint programming
- Analysis and presentation of UNDP Portfolio and results
- CO business processes mapping and establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Results Management, control of the workflows in the Programme Unit.
2) Ensures effective management of the CO programme and supervision of the Programme team focusing on quality control of the full cycle of programming from formulation to implementation achieving the following results:
- Effective application of RBM tools, establishment and monitoring of programme and management targets and quality assurance and achievement of results.
- Support the design and formulation of CO programme within the area of responsibility, translating UNDP priorities into local interventions. Coordination of programme implementation with the executing agencies
- Strategic oversight of planning, budgeting, implementing and monitoring of the programme, tracking use of financial resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations. The Outcome Lead may be delegated to perform the function of Manager Level 2 in Atlas for development projects and act accordingly to the CO ICF
- Effective monitoring, measuring the impact of the CO programme and evaluation. Constant monitoring and analysis of the programme environment, timely readjustment of programme
- Follow up on DIM/NIM and CO audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
- Aggregate reports are regularly prepared on activities, outputs and outcomes. Preparation of donor reports
- Organization of cost-recovery system for the services provided by the CO to projects in close collaboration with Operations Manager
3) Establishes and maintains strategic partnerships and supports the resource mobilization in cooperation with Senior Management, PIAT and focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of the CO partnerships and resources mobilization strategies to achieve programme outcomes
- Creation and coordination of partnerships with the relevant development partners and government
- Support the determination of programmatic areas of cooperation, based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and partners priorities.
- Support the analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for cost-sharing.
4) Ensures provision of top-quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of sources of information related to programme implementation related issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country programme goals.
- Coordination and support to development institutions that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners.
- Maintain effective network with development partners and Government at national level and subnational level and where necessary link up with the corporate Global Policy Network of UNDP and other international actors.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme
Required Skills and Experience:
Education: Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web- based management systems
Language Requirements: Proficiency in English. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
Duty Station: New Delhi, India
Vacancy End Date: 20/10/2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd