Programme Team Leader - Social Policy Programme
Organization: Oxford Policy Management (OPM)
Apply By: 02 Feb 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Oxford Policy Management is committed to helping low and middle income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform. They seek to bring about lasting positive change using analytical and practical policy expertise. Through their global network of offices, they work in partnership with national decision makers to research, design, implement, and evaluate impactful public policy.
Position: Programme Team Leader, Social Policy Programme
The India team has grown considerably over recent years and now consists of 80 full-time consultants, business services and project staff. They are restructuring the team to maximise their effectiveness. As part of this, we are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic team leader to lead the India Social Policy Programme (SPP). The Team Leader is responsible for leading the development of work in India for the program in line with the India Strategy and OPM objectives and values. The role is based in the New Delhi office so the right to work in India is required. More information on their work is available on OPM’s website at www.opml.co.uk
This is an exciting role to develop and implement a strategic vision, you will be accountable for the overall performance of the program in India. The SPP Team Lead would also be required to ensure a robust pipeline & take a lead role in developing and maintaining external relationships. The aim is to organise and facilitate a cross functional Programme Management Team that is enabled to deliver the Programme strategies and goals. The India team will operate within OPM’s matrix structure and will manage a team, who have a mix of India and global work. The Team Leader positions will be 40% Management roles with 60% of time remaining for other consultant work. This position provides an excellent opportunity to demonstrate capability for progression to more senior roles. Coaching and mentoring support will be available through the India leadership team to support the team leaders as they undertake their roles. Their key areas in social policy are:
- Education, early childhood development and labour market
- Poverty and social protection
- Water, sanitation and hygiene
- Market the company’s and the team’s activities to clients including donors, partners, multilaterals, government ministries and other parties.
- Ensure that team members access high quality mentoring from the team leader, others in the team and other technical experts in the company (the Team Leader will not be a specialist in every area covered by the team).
- Organise the team and ensure that it is appropriately staffed. Develop and maintain a strong network of Associates and external consultants to support our work.
- Develop and identify market opportunities and convert them into projects. Determine whether to respond to opportunities on the basis of defined criteria including the portfolio’s strategic priorities and financial requirements.
- Analyse the markets we operate in and the funding landscape and work with the team to ensure we respond effectively to the market and focus our business development accordingly
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders and oversee the day to day work to ensure coordination with other parts of the company. Work with portfolio leaders and others to balance team members’ engagement with global work as well as work in India.
- Support the team to maximise impact from the work we are doing and to showcase that impact within OPM, to the client and to other stakeholders
- Undertake other duties reasonably required by the India Leadership Team.
There are three key characteristics that we want team leaders to be able to demonstrate are:
- Technical credibility to represent the team with clients and stakeholders (but not necessarily expertise in all areas of the team’s work).
- Management and leadership skills and aptitude/experience to lead the team effectively and develop and project a strategic vision;
- Business development skills to understand the market, identify and win opportunities and to ensure we adapt to the market.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Degree and post graduate qualification in relevant discipline
- In-depth market knowledge and experience in the international development business with at-least 8-10 years of relevant work experience in at least one area of Social Policy in India
- Experience of effective financial management and a good understanding of effective risk management
- Commercially aware and able to analyse financial information to inform strategic decisions
- Experience of leading and managing staff, particularly through organisation growth, with the ability to engage and motivate staff to fulfil their potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build positive internal and external relationships at all levels Inspiring, open and collaborative leadership style
- A high level of strategic and creative thinking with the ability to manage complex situations, make strategic choices and manage competing operational priorities
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd