Project Associate – CEMS and Online Monitoring
Organization: EPIC India
Apply By: 31 May 2019
About the Organization:
The Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago (EPIC) launched EPIC-India in 2014 to confront this challenge through cutting-edge research and targeted engagement with local stakeholders. Housed at the University of Chicago’s Centre in Delhi, EPIC-India is employing a comprehensive strategy to affect real change .
EPIC India is seeking a Project Associate to carry out CEMS audit and support in online monitoring activities in partnership with State Pollution Control Board, Odisha. The Project Associate will work closely with researchers based in Delhi and officials at OSPCB.
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Start Date: Early June 2019
India faces the dual challenge of rapidly improving living standards—through sustained economic growth and expanded access to reliable and affordable energy—while simultaneously reducing pollution for a cleaner and healthier environment. EPIC India researchers work hand-in-hand with government and industry partners to identify innovative ideas, pilot them on the ground, and rigorously measure outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of CPCB regulations, energy and environmental policy in India.
- Carry out CEMS audit for industries with physical verification of online analyzers as part of regulators mandate, if required.
- Extensive field work across 12 regional offices and industries in Odisha.
- Support EPIC Odisha Cell across research projects related to CEMS data, verification of PM-CEMS, CEQMS, AAQMS devices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present data in a simple and straightforward way for non-technical audiences, if required.
- Communicate with local municipal authorities, state government officials and local industries.
- Build strong external relationships and partnerships with state governments, research organizations, think tanks and civil society on issues related to environment and pollution control.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical /Civil /Electronics / Instrumentation/ Environmental Engineering/Environmental Science or a similar field is required.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in CEMS audit or working with service industries or leading analyzer manufacturers is required.
- Applicants demonstrating a strong track record working at industrial sites on assignments related to industrial emissions are preferred.
- Previous experience working closely with SPCBs in design and delivery of environmental projects will be preferred.
The starting date will be from early June 2019. Candidates will be interviewed and considered on a rolling basis. Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Project Associate – CEMS and Online Monitoring, Odisha”.
For more information please check the Link
Apply to ISDMs 1 Year Management Programme for Social Sector | Upto 100% Scholarship available. Apply now
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd