Apply By: 01 May 2019
About the Organization:
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
The primary project strategy is to provide technical assistance (TA) to the state and district health systems to improve access to quality FP services. Since IUD services has been identified as a major gap in the FP services available in the public health system in India, the project will focus on increasing access to high quality IUD services including post-partum IUD, post abortion IUD and interval IUD services. The project will be implemented over 30 months in Rajasthan and Gujarat. It is designed to improve IUD service delivery by training and coaching providers in 153 facilities that have a caseload of more than 100 deliveries a month. Interventions to strengthen capacity of Districts Health managers, District Data Managers and facility administrators; and community-level communication with women will also be implemented during this time through community volunteers (Accredited Social Health Activists - ASHAs).
Name of position: Project Coordinator
Program(S) : Expanding Access to IUD Services in India (EAISI) Project Phase-2.
Cost Center Code(S): EAISI Project
Reports To (Title Only): Team Leader EAISI Project
Job Station: Jaipur, Rajasthan
The Project Coordinator, EAISI, mentors, supports and provides guidance to the Project Officers in the assigned area to ensure the implementation of the project activities.
- Support the Project Officers (POs) in developing work plans and collate the work plan of assigned area.
- Support POs in liaising with district health officials – Chief Medical Officers, District Program Managers, and Block Program Managers; District Health Society; Block health officials – Medical Officer In Charges and other staff at facility; other stakeholders to create supportive environment for the project
- Facilitate assessment of facility readiness to provide FP service as per guidelines of Government of India
- Coordinate with the Clinical Training Specialist, Mobile Clinical Training Teams and POs for organizing / planning / implementing onsite IUD training and individual follow up of trained IUD service providers to ensure high quality IUD service delivery
- Support the POs to plan training of facility staff on Infection Prevention and in identifying supply side issues related to FP services
- Support POs to ensure that FP counseling by ASHAs adheres to informed choice protocols
- Track the performance of POs on monthly basis and provide them mentoring support to identify the gaps and ensure that POs focus on gaps identified at the facility level
- Work with Chief Medical Officers to identify master trainer for the district as part of sustainability plan
- Plan follow up of trained providers and track performance of each provider and each facility
- Facilitate accurate and timely recording of data and also follow up with district data managers
- Document project activities and prepare monthly progress reports for their assigned area and provide input for the quarterly and annual project’s reports.
- Assists the Team Leader in all project implementation aspects
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post graduate/ graduate in health management; public health, rural management or relevant branch of social sciences
- At least 5 years of working experience in RH/FP area
- Experience working for international organizations in RH/FP area
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Good understanding and knowledge of health system in India; RCH; family planning; IUD / PPIUD services; quality improvement and quality assurance
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong writing skills
- Well organized, flexible with ability to work under pressure
- Able to work in a team setting
Preferred Skills, Abilities And Functions:
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management programme and commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, power point etc.
- Strong writing skills
- Strong Supervisory Skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.engenderhealth.org and click on the careers link. Then click on the “India” link to locate the job title and submit your application online along with your CV.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd