Public Health Specialist (TB)
Organization: American Embassy India
Apply By: 07 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
U.S Embassy in India helps U.S. firms look for opportunities to do business in India. Embassy supports the progress already achieved and will continually look for ways to open the doors for trade between our countries even wider. The United States and India, both vibrant democracies, have forged a vigorous commercial partnership.
Position Title: Public Health Specialist (TB)
Opening Period: April 24, 2019- May 7, 2019
Salary: Rs. 1, 746,818 (annual salary)
Duration Appointment: Indefinite - subject to successful completion of probationary period
Summary: The U.S. Embassy in New Delhi is seeking an individual for the position of Public Health Specialist (TB) in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Office.
- Under the close supervision of the Division of Global HIV and Tuberculosis (DGHT) TB Branch Chief, the incumbent serves as Tuberculosis (TB) program manager and key public health technical advisor to the official in charge of the organizational unit that is responsible for programs conducted in the area of TB services.
- Responsibilities include an active technical advisory role to the Ministry of Health and implementing partners, day-to-day program and administrative management, and coordination and collaboration with other with other U.S. Government (USG) agencies to ensure project implementation addresses program strategic objectives and U.S. and host government national and international public health standards and best practices.
- Both the advisory and managerial roles require public health technical leadership, results-oriented analysis, advocacy, and constant and clear communication with the Ministry of Health, other host government ministries, implementing partners, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Represents CDC India on TB issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donor agencies. Performs other duties as assigned by the agency.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters (Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Science in Public Health (MSHP) degree or host country equivalent degree in Public health, Medicine, Epidemiology, Health Policy, Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Science field.
- Three years of mid-to-senior level public health experience in developing, implementing and evaluating TB/HIV programs or other HIV relevant public health programs that involve coordination with an international agency or implementing partner is required.
- Out of these three years of experience one year must have been at a managerial level with multiple staff is required.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd