Public Policy Associate Manager, Content
Apply By: 30 Jul 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the organization
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Opportunity and Role
- Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker with experience in policy, law, business operations, or government to join their Content Policy team. The team’s mission is to create and communicate rules for how their products may be used by people on Facebook and its family of applications.
- As a Content Policy team member, s/he will work closely with a number of other teams at Facebook and Instagram, including their Community Operations, Product, Legal, Communications, and Public Policy teams.
- S/he will play a key role in developing, applying, and communicating our Community Standards both internally and externally.
- S/he will also manage high profile content escalations.
- At times, s/he will be expected to make difficult decisions, under pressure about whether to allow or remove content. Successful candidates will be able to critically analyze and communicate the costs and benefits of refinements to policies and their implementation.
- S/he should be passionate about the services they provide and the people that they serve. Given the demands of content-related escalations, the candidate will sometimes be expected to work irregular hours, including early mornings, late nights, or weekends. This is a full-time position located in our Delhi office.
- Help craft and implement content policies that take into consideration the needs of a global community
- Collaborate with policy, product and communications teams to drive policy improvements
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues
- Help articulate policy philosophy, launches, and changes to relevant parties, including management, operations, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams, such as Public
- Policy, Communications, Operations, Product, and Legal
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in policy, policy enforcement, or public policy, with an emphasis on technology (graduate education may be counted)
- Demonstrates analytical-thinking and problem-solving experience
- Experience communicating cross-functionally, particularly in the area of consensus-building and persuasion
- Understanding of Facebook products and principles
- Law degree, MBA, or other advanced degree
- Experience working at a Tech Company
- Experience with international Internet/social media content issues
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd